Chapter 21: Monday Mess

Today was a big day. Kim's Mobile was ready to launch its new smartphone product line. The launch was scheduled for 10 a.m this morning. Everybody was hyped with anticipation.

Hoseok walked into the CEO's office at 08:07, still worried about his best friend. "Are you okay?" He asked, recalling his personal incident yesterday.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." Seokjin reassured him.

At 08:33 shocking news broke. Park Jimin stormed inside the CEO's office with the worst news possible. He was hysterical. "Sir, Lee's Mobile had just launched the exact same design as our smartphone several minutes ago!!!"

Seokjin and Hoseok looked at each other in understanding.

"Are you ready?" Hoseok asked. Seokjin nodded.

So it began!

"Gather all the executives into Conference Room 1 now, Jimin. I'll be there in 10." He needed to talk to his men first.

"Yes, Sir!" Jimin trotted outside, and Yoongi marched in followed by Jungkook not long after.

"As we had expected, Gentlemen." Seokjin welcomed them. The four of them were not surprised by this. Seokjin turned on the big flat-screen TV on the wall and watched Lee's Mobile product launch.

"We had gathered enough evidence to build our case, Sir." Jungkook asked for permission to use the phone on Seokjin's desk.

"Yeo?" He called the head security guard, who was already briefed and stood by in his position today. Ready to take an order. He just had to wait for Jungkook's call. "Yes, move now! Yes, the three of them! And secure their desks! He ordered in a stern voice to detain the three suspects and confiscate all their belongings in the office.

"Those are exactly our designs." The previous ones before the tweaking that Seokjin asked Anna about last week.

"They sell them at a lower price!" Yoongi snickered.

"But also with slightly lower specs." Hoseok sneered.

"We will sue them separately." Jungkook came back with them and watched. "We will sue the Lee's Mobile company and the suspects separately. It's obviously a theft of confidential information. We can prosecute them with the criminal law of stealing and selling data to the company's competitor. I wanted to see how they turn on each other, or even turn on Lee's company to save their own asses."

Seokjin's cell phone rang. His father called. Seokjin was surprised at how quickly his father got the news. He still had his men watching the company, apparently.

"Yes, Appa? Hmm.... Yeah...... Only the design, Appa. The specs are slightly different. We have an advantage........ No, Appa, I won't cancel the launching. We already prepared the tweaked designs....... No, it's not different. We made it quite similar, so we have proof that they stole our previous designs....... Yes, yes...... Jungkook will build a good case against Lee's Mobile....... Yes, I know our stock price will plummet if we keep launching similar products a few hours after they did. But Yoongi will handle it and I already made strategic plans to get it back up...... Yes..... Yes, Appa.... Yes..... Don't worry, I can handle this. I have the best team. Yes, thank you, Appa. Bye."

Seokjin ended the phone call, right when Jimin knocked on the door. "Sir, all the executives are ready in Conference Room 1." Jimin informed him.

"Let's go, Gentlemen." Seokjin led the way.

It would be a hell of a war. And he intended to win it!

*****