Chapter 14: Conflicted

The third month passed by, Seokjin and Taehyung came to terms to not defining and naming their relationship. Seokjin continued to come every weekend. Sometimes they went on dates out somewhere, and sometimes they just enjoyed each other's company at home. Never once did Taehyung want to go to Seokjin's place. Not that Seokjin never asked, because he did several times, but Taehyung always declined. He didn't want to be too attached to Seokjin in any way.

Taehyung kissed Seokjin temple, making him squirm in his sleep. "Where are you going?" He asked drowsily as he saw Tae in his jacket, ready to go somewhere.

"Grocery shopping."

Seokjin got up. "I'm coming with you, then."

This is it, Taehyung! If you want to ruin him and win this stupid game of yours, just take him with you to a crowded public place. Who knows you're lucky enough and some paparazzi or even curious onlookers snap pictures of you two doing very domestic things together.

"No! You stay at home. I'll be quick, I promise! Just sleep some more and I'll be back before you know it, okay?"

Seokjin moaned as Taehyung pushed him back to bed and tucked him into a warm duvet. He closed his eyes back. Taehyung was stunned for a moment, watching the sight in front of his eyes. He grazed Seokjin's hair gently and kissed his forehead with a very affectionate gesture. And then smiled contently, like a dumb in love.

Wait, what?!!

NO, HE WAS NOT IN LOVE!!

No! He must not fall in love! Everyone he had ever loved eventually left him. His biological father abandoned him when he was 6 years old. His first boyfriend in high school also left him. Everyone left him alone with big holes in his heart he could never fill back. That was why Taehyung didn't want to commit to anybody anymore, let alone fall in love and surrender his heart just to be left again. Not now, not ever!

He would leave Seokjin before Seokjin eventually left him. He would enjoy the feeling of conquering him, making Seokjin feel the need for him, more than Taehyung needed Seokjin—-or anyone else in his life, for that matter.

*****