Chapter 24: The Launching and The Lawsuit

After all the executives agreed, the smartphone launching officially started at 10:00 a.m sharp, as scheduled. Seokjin took a stand on the podium, in front of the press and all the invited guests. He explained briefly about the products and started the video presentation. Several audiences who were aware of the similarities between Kim's and Lee's products began to whisper. Seokjin was aware of that, but he calmly continued his presentations till it was done.

"Before we continue with the Q&A session, my Chief Legal Officer will announce something important. Jeon Jungkook shi!" Seokjin called him to the center stage.

This is not something common. The audience was getting restless and the whispering grew louder.

Jungkook took the stage. In a collected and confident manner, he announced that the Kim's Mobile company acknowledged the similarity of their smartphone design to Lee's Mobile's, which was launched earlier that day. And thus, they had investigated this case, gathered some evidence, and detained several suspects for stealing confidential information and/or documents and selling the data to the company's competitor. They would file lawsuits against those perpetrators and seek legal proceedings in this case.

And with his last words, Jungkook waved his hands as a cue for several police officers who had been waiting in the back to follow him into the building.

The audiences gasped and were shocked. The camera shutters clicked non-stop. This was one of the biggest scandals in the mobile industry. However, Jungkook had not revealed their plan to also sue Lee's Mobile. But they would get there. And it would be a cherry on top! Just not today.

.

Jungkook lead the police to the 17th floor, where he would hand over the evidence and the suspects. But Seokjin pulled him into an empty room.

"Do you have any reason to hand Kim Taehyung over to the police?"

"We haven't found any solid evidence against him up until now, Sir."

"Then release him!" Seokjin ordered in a stern tone.

"Sir??!"

"I said, release him!"

"I—-uh...."

"I'm the warrantor. I'll be responsible for him. Is that enough for you?!" He sounded impatient.

"Uh... of course, Sir. I will release him now." He bowed and left.

Hoseok approached him. "Are you sure?" He whispered.

"No, I'm not!" Seokjin's eyes were teary. If Taehyung were actually guilty, then he would be doomed. 

Seokjin left and went to his office, while Hoseok walked into the meeting room 3 where Taehyung was detained. Jungkook had dismissed the guards and let Taehyung free, but he was still in there. When Hoseok peeked inside, he saw a wrecked man, crying in his best friend's embrace.

Hoseok initially wanted to scold Taehyung for all he had done to Seokjin, but after seeing him in a state as messy as Seokjin yesterday, he just said, "Park Jimin, take him home! You are free for today, I'll tell Seokjin."

He sighed and left. If they loved each other that much, why don't they make it easier for themselves and just be together already! These two lovebirds irritated him. Should he tell Yoongi to slap them both with some conscience?!

*****