Chapter 25: Plan 2

As expected, this scandal had caused Kim's Mobile stock price in the market to drop. Thankfully it wasn't that bad and still under control, due to their immediate lawsuit announcement against the perpetrators. It somehow proved that Kim was on the right, that the designs were theirs in the first place. A counterattack that Lee's Mobile didn't anticipate in the slightest. Lee might have thought that if they had launched the same design only several hours earlier, then Kim wouldn't have launched its product at all and tossed their months of hard work into the dumpster.

Seokjin was satisfied and thanked Hoseok, Jungkook, and Yoongi. Their quick, calculated, and well-planned actions paid off. But the Board of Directors were agitated and still doubted Seokjin's ability to handle such a major crisis like this. They asked for an immediate meeting, which Seokjin postponed. So, Seokjin had to stabilize everything again as soon as possible, and gain—-not only the market and consumers, but also—-the Board of Directors' trust.

It was time to execute plan 2.

He dialed a number. "Hi, Hyung! How are you?"

"Seokjin, long time no see. I heard you're in a bit of trouble." The calm and deep voice on the phone answered.

He grinned. "Actually yes. And I need your help."

Seokjin heard the other chuckle. "Whatever you need, Jin!"

"Do you have time tomorrow night, maybe? I can come over to your house, if that's okay. I also miss Noona's cooking and also your children, Hyung. It's been a while."

"Seokjinaa, I think I have a better idea. Let's just meet tomorrow at lunch in a restaurant downtown, huh? I'll bring Ji-eun with me and... yeah, maybe a bird will hear that news and leak it to some paparazzi to snap a picture or two, you know!"

Seokjin chuckled, "Ji-eun? What do you have in mind, Hyung?"

"Something that will help you rebound fast!"

"All right, then. I'll be in your hand."

"I'll take good care of you. Don't worry!"

Seokjin ended the call with Hoseok staring at him. Hoseok knew who Seokjin had called and the mentioned-name earlier also tickled his curiosity.

"What? You wanna come with me and meet Ji-eun?" Seokjin shot bluntly, teasing his best friend. Hoseok lowered his head and diverted his gaze onto his laptop screen with red hues on his face. He pressed his lips and didn't give any comment.

Yoongi giggled. "So, that's the girl who had stolen Hoseok's heart all this time?"

Seokjin raised his eyebrows, nodded, and grinned widely, while Hoseok rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Who's Ji-eun?" Jungkook furrowed.

"Kim Ji-eun is Kim Namjoon's little sister."

"Kim Namjoon, the CEO of ProTech Electronics?"

"That's the one!" Seokjin clicked his tongue.

"Can we trust them?" Yoongi was concerned.

"With all my life." Seokjin reassured him.

*****