Chapter 35: I'll Stay Forever

Should Taehyung take Seokjin's words seriously that he would come to his apartment tonight? Maybe it was just a tease, but frankly Taehyung wanted him to really come. It was almost 8 p.m but nobody came. Maybe Seokjin finished late, as he always did every Friday night like this.... Or maybe he wouldn't come at all....

Taehyung restlessly laid down on his bed and played with his phone when he was suddenly curious enough to google Kim Ji-eun.

Kim Ji-eun. The heir and Chief Marketing Officer of ProTech Electronics, the youngest of three siblings. Her elder brothers are Kim Namjoon (now CEO of ProTech Electronics), and Kim Eunseo (deceased).

Taehyung stopped. Kim Eunseo? Deceased? He then googled that name.

Kim Eunseo, the second heir of the ProTech Electronics empire. Died of a cardiac arrest in a scuba diving accident in Australia.

Scuba diving?! That reminded Taehyung of something. Taehyung remembered his first date with Seokjin at the museum, where Seokjin froze and stared at a picture of a scuba diver with sad eyes. Taehyung's mind began to wonder and connected the dots.

Taehyung knew nothing about Seokjin. He never asked him anything, he never tried to get to know him better about his past, his family, his friends, not even his house address. All and all, just because he didn't want to be attached to Seokjin.

Seokjin came to him as a sole individual in the present time, and he and Taehyung live in their own bubble. Apart from their past, with no title and no relation to anybody whatsoever. Just Kim Seokjin and Kim Taehyung being their genuine selves with each other. On their weekends. In their own world.

Out of curiosity, Taehyung then googled everything about Kim Seokjin, but all he could find was limited basic and public information. About his family and his schools. That he was the only child. And like Seokjin said, he got his Master's Degree in Australia. Several other articles were only about his work-related achievements. No scandal, no gossip, except for his recent dating rumor with Kim Ji-eun. That was it. Kim Seokjin, the man who kept most of his life in private, as he said.

Taehyung chewed his lips when somebody knocked on his door. His eyes were suddenly bulging and his heart beat strong. Seokjin?

He hastily opened the door. And there he was, Seokjin right in front of him.

"Have you had dinner?" He asked and casually let himself in. "I bought jajangmyeon in your favorite restaurant on the way here." Seokjin put the food on the dining table and opened the kitchen drawer to find some chopsticks. He then sat and began to eat.

Taehyung watched him in amazement. Was it real?

He took a seat and opened another bowl of jajangmyeon. "Thanks." He mumbled. Seokjin smiled at him and finished his dinner.

"I'm going to take a shower." He threw the bowl into the bin. "You still have my clothes, right?"

"Yeah... Same place." Taehyung answered in a low tone. Seokjin opened the closet, pulled out his shirt and sweatpants, then rummaged through the drawer to find his boxer. All of his belongings were still in the exact same place. Taehyung didn't move them a bit. Their picture together was still on Taehyung's desk. Seokjin's shirt was on the chair, probably Taehyung had just worn it recently. Even his toothbrush was still on the sink in the bathroom, side by side with Taehyung's. All were still the same, as if he had never left. Seokjin's heart felt warm. He smiled thinking of his foolish baby!

After a warm invigorating shower, he went out of the bathroom and dove straight out into bed like it was all-natural to him. He pulled the duvet and closed his eyes.

Taehyung was dumbfounded. He wanted to ask why. Why did Seokjin come today? Why did he act like this? Are they okay, then? What about Kim Ji-eun? But he didn't want to annoy Seokjin and potentially make him leave. So he climbed up the bed and snuggled into Seokjin's embrace, to which Seokjin immediately pulled him closer.

"Will you stay the night?" Taehyung asked timidly.

"I'll stay forever." Seokjin whispered drowsily.

"Huh?"

*****