Chapter 18: I Love You

Another Friday night finally came. The thought of Taehyung as a corporate spy and as Lee So Jun's college sweetheart bugged Seokjin for an entire week. He was eager to hear more solid news about this from Jungkook. But for now, he would enjoy his weekend with Taehyung.

"You got me something?" Taehyung's face lit up with a wide smile. His childish eyes looked at Seokjin with adoration.

Is it true that these childish eyes are hiding something from him? Betraying him?

Seokjin's heart hurt. His body ached. He had fallen too deep for this man. Even though he knew from the beginning that Taehyung was not as innocent as he looked and he might want something from Seokjin, Seokjin didn't want to believe that Tae would stoop this low to harm his company and also wreck him at the same time. Could Taehyung be capable of betraying him in these worst possible ways?

Taehyung opened the gift excitedly. "WHAT?! A mirrorless camera?! Oh my God, this is X-T4!" He looked at Seokjin with his widest smile. "Thank you!" He hugged Seokjin and pecked his lips. "Thank you, Baby!"

"I love you, Tae." Seokjin replied while looking him deep in the eyes.

Taehyung stopped. Froze. His smile was gone for a moment. He stared at him. Blinked, then his smile was back. He kissed Seokjin's lips to avoid replying to anything.

Seokjin knew very well that Taehyung kissed him just to avoid replying to his confession.

Taehyung didn't love him back...

Seokjin looked down onto the floor and hid his defeated snicker.

.

"Seokjinaa—-" Taehyung got out of the bathroom but stopped as he saw Seokjin had already drifted into sleep. He walked slowly and sat on the bed. His fingers brushed away Seokjin's strand of hair from his face.

Seokjin looked so exhausted lately. Taehyung was worried. But his smartphone line up would be released soon, and that would be a hit, and Seokjin would reinforce his name as a distinguished CEO of Kim's Mobile, and he would be more powerful and more successful than ever!

Seokjinaa....

No words came out of his mouth, though. He just sat there and watched him with sad eyes. He started to grow feelings for Seokjin. All sorts of feelings. His mind started to revolve around him all the time. He would nervously sneak glances at Seokjin in the office and smile so proudly at him. And he would wait every weekend impatiently just to be with him. To see him, to feel him, to kiss him. And to be kissed, to be hugged, and to be loved by him...

Why am I feeling this for you? This kind of feeling is painful. I don't want this!

This has to stop!

*****