Chapter 34: Trying to Understand You

The landline phone beeped on Seokjin's table. "Sir, Kim Taehyung wants to see you. Should I send him in?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah."

Taehyung walked in with an awkward demeanor. "Uhm, I heard from Jimin... that you took me home last night...?" He looked at Seokjin unsurely from across the table. Seokjin relaxed himself and leaned on his executive chair, staring at his love who didn't seem to remember what happened last night. It's okay, at least Seokjin did. That was why he stared at him with amusement and tried hard to contain his smile.

"Uh, thank you... And also thanks for the hangover soup and the porridge."

Seokjin nodded but was still silent.

Taehyung stood there, jittery. "Did I... um... probably... do something embarrassing last night?" Seeing flat responses from Seokjin, Taehyung lost his confidence.

Seokjin moved forward on his chair and returned his attention to his iMac screen. He then asked nonchalantly, "You don't remember begging me to fuck you mercilessly?" He lied to test Taehyung's memory.

"WHAT?!! Did I really??!!" Taehyung sounded panicked, his eyes bulged out, making Seokjin almost burst out laughing.

"Uh... Did we then....?"

"Of course not, Tae! I won't take advantage of a drunk man! If you want me to fuck you, I can come to your apartment tonight." Seokjin clicked his mouse with eyes still on the screen. He heard Taehyung stammering, but no words came out of his mouth. He then bowed hastily and trotted out of there without saying anything anymore. Seokjin's laughter finally burst out uncontrollably.

"Jimin!" He called his assistant on the landline a few moments later after his laughter died down.

"Yes, Sir." Jimin knocked on the door and then walked in.

"Have a seat." Seokjin diverted his attention to the man in front of him. "Since you seem to know a lot, could you tell me what made Taehyung leave me, then?"

"Uh..." Jimin looked agitated, but he wanted to get the two back together, so he had to make Seokjin understand Taehyung. "Taehyung had a problem with attachment because of his past, Sir...." He stopped and chose his words carefully. "His biological father abandoned him when he was 6 years old... After that, he and her mom had a very hard time, so her mom had to send him to an orphanage for four years. After her mom met Mr. Kim Jung Hoon, they took Taehyung back to live with them."

Seokjin gasped. His heart hurt for his love. "Is there anything else I must know?"

"Well... um, his first high school boyfriend also left him for college in another city. So yeah... Taehyung feels everybody always left him."

"And... how about Lee So Jun, his college sweetheart, I heard?" Seokjin couldn't contain his curiosity.

"They were basically close friends... but with benefits. There was nothing much. They both didn't want attachments." Jimin looked down at his lap. "With you, it's different, Sir.... Taehyung was genuinely happy... He was helplessly in love. This thing with you is something beyond his control... Maybe that's why he chickened out."

"Better leave me first before I leave him?"

Jimin nodded. Seokjin sighed. "Thank you, Jimin. I understand now."

*****