Chapter 9: Indifferent

Seokjin came last to the conference room for a pre-production meeting this Monday morning. Taehyung was also there, bowing to him like the rest of the employees, very indifferent throughout the meeting. Even when their gaze met, he put on a poker face like nothing ever happened between them this weekend. There was no secret smile, no discreet gaze.

It raised concern in Seokjin's mind. Although his attitude also seemed indifferent toward Taehyung, Seokjin secretly glanced at him more than he normally does to other employees. So, he wondered. Did Taehyung even acknowledge their intimate sessions last weekend? How about the sweet date? Because Seokjin surely did, and Tae's indifference annoyed him a bit.

Taehyung's attitude went on like that for an entire week. When they accidentally passed by each other in the hallway, Taehyung bowed politely and greeted him formally like a complete stranger. Like a mere employee to his boss. That made Seokjin silently restless. Did Taehyung really ditch him after only one date?

.

Seokjin finished late that day, like every other Friday. There was always something more to do by the end of the weekdays. So he checked and reviewed everything thoroughly before he went home.

As he finally got out of his office and walked into the elevator, his eyes were roaming, looking for someone. But no one was around. Of course, it was 8 o'clock! Work was over hours ago. What did he expect? Taehyung waited for him again like last week? Hot love sessions again this weekend? Tsk!

Seokjin walked out of the elevator with his head hanging low. He didn't even notice the security guards, who bowed and greeted him. His mind was too busy as he walked outside to his parking spot. That was when a deep voice asked him from the shadows.

"Hey! Can you drive me home?"

Seokjin was startled, stopped in his place. He was here! Waiting for him! His heart skipped a beat. But then he smiled a little and nodded calmly. "Sure!" He said to Taehyung. His poker face hid the excitement that burst so loud in his chest, and instead, he clenched his jaw to hold it all inside.

*****