Chapter 23: I Will Never Hurt You Like That

Jimin waited outside conference room 1, impatient and fidgeting. He walked back and forth in front of the door. All the executives were in an urgent meeting inside, but he needed to talk to his boss immediately. They were inside for almost an hour when finally they came out one by one. He then rushed inside in panic.

"Sir, they detained Taehyung..." He leaned forward and whispered to Seokjin, who still sat on his chair across from Hoseok. His voice trembled, his eyes were on the brim of tears.

Seokjin clenched his fists and gritted his teeth. Of course Seokjin knew that Taehyung was detained, but should he even care? Just let Jungkook handle this!

"Sir, please, whatever they accused him of, I swear he has nothing to do with any of it. I know him, he would never do such a filthy thing like this... Please..." Jimin's plea was too heart-wrenching to be denied.

Hoseok looked up from his laptop and glanced at them, curious about what Seokjin would do.

"Where is he?" Seokjin stood up and followed Jimin to one of the small meeting rooms where they held Tae. Seokjin dismissed the guards, got inside—-to Taehyung surprise—-and asked the lawyer and the investigator who was currently questioning Tae to get out and leave them alone. Taehyung stood up from his seat.

'"Baby, are you okay?" Taehyung's heart screamed. His eyes were on the brim of tears, worrying for Seokjin. He didn't even care about what happened to himself right now. "What is really happening? Are you okay?!" He repeated demandingly.

But Seokjin just stared at him in silence for several moments, perceiving and judging him with his cold eyes and icy stare.

Taehyung knew all they had was water under the bridge now. This was not the warm, affectionate Seokjin he once knew. This is the CEO of Kim's Mobile, the ice prince, the side that Taehyung never saw. Seokjin kept his distance and stood far behind the table.

"Do you have anything to do with this?" A flat, emotionless question came out of the distant person in front of him.

Taehyung blinked his eyes and made several tears drop involuntarily. "No! I swear, Seokjinaa..." His voice came out as a sobbing whisper. How could his love accuse him of this filthy thing? But then again, maybe he deserved it....

Taehyung tried to reach out his hand, but Seokjin stepped back and turned his body away from him. Seokjin folded his hands across his chest. A defensive gesture to shield himself. "What is your relationship with Lee So Jun?" Another cold tone.

Taehyung was surprised by the question. Apparently Seokjin knew things about him all this time. "He was my... friend-with-benefits."

Seokjin snickered. "You seem to have many of those." So Seokjin was not that special either as he was just one of them, too? Friends with benefits! Tsk!

"Baby, please..." Taehyung was hurt. He covered his mouth to hold back his pain. All he did and all he felt these past several months with Seokjin were all true and genuine.

His body trembled and his eyes were already red from holding back some tears. "You know this is my father's company, too."

"Your stepfather!" Seokjin corrected him.

Taehyung was baffled. So Seokjin knew a lot about him? Of course!

"He's the only father I know. A great father! I won't ever do anything that will harm him in any way."

"For the sake of our past, Taehyung, tell me honestly! What is your role in this?" Seokjin raised his voice.

"NO!! I'm not involved in anything you accused me of! I swear to God, I have nothing to do with this, Seokjinaa!! I will never hurt you like this!" Taehyung was half shouted.

"Yet you hurt me in another way." Seokjin shot in an icy tone that broke Taehyung's last strength. He collapsed to his knees, as his body couldn't support him any longer. He wronged him and now Seokjin would never forgive and trust him anymore.... He had lost him... He had lost his love....

Seokjin stood still and silent, watching Taehyung cry and crumple. He clenched his jaw and then walked away with no words.

.

As Seokjin left the room, Jimin stormed inside and found Taehyung had already collapsed onto the floor, crying mess.

"My baby!!" Jimin scooped him into his embrace. His heart broke seeing Taehyung in that lowest state. Jimin cried with him. "My baby..." He caressed his hair and kissed his temple. "It's okay... it's okay..." He hugged him tightly between his own sobs. "I'll fix this for you, I swear!"

"Park Jimin! With me, now!" Seokjin poked his head inside the room and shouted to his assistant.

"NO, SIR!!! I'M NOT GONNA LEAVE HIM LIKE THIS! YOU CAN FIRE ME FOR ALL I CARE!!" For the first time in his flawless career, the polite and always-respectful Park Jimin shouted to his boss.

*****