Chapter 16: The deserter

*un-edited*
_____________________
(a/n): I was bored so....here.
_____________________

Third person POV:

"I think we need some new desguises." Katara looked around.

"Where are we going to get masks like that?" Sokka frowned.

"Get your genuine fire festival masks here!" A mask seller called.

"That was surprisingly easy."

"Hey, there's some food." Aang pointed to a stall nearby as Sokka ran forward "Finally."

"What do you have?" Sokka asked the stall owner.

"Flaming fire flakes." The man held out a hot bag.

"Careful Sokka they're very-" Saori got cut off by Sokka shoving the food down his throat. "Don't say I didn't warn you." She completed.

"Hot! Hot!" Sokka screeched.

"Flaming fire flakes, hot, what do ya know?" Katara pointed sarcastically.

"Hey look at this!" Aang turned to a puppet show.

Time skip

Saori made small designs in the ground with a stick trying to pass time.

Aang got up and went inside Jeong Jeong's tent as the sorcerer felt her eyes start to get heavy. Shaking the drowsiness off she continued to make the patterns.

The girl's mind wandered off as thoughts and memories played around in her mind.

The moon's light reflected off her charcoal coloured hair and pale skin. Her onyx eyes mindlessly scanned the surroundings.

The stars gave off a faint light as Saori's eyes traveled to the constellations.

Time skip

The two waterbenders were practicing with Sokka fishing nearby when Aang and Jeong Jeong walked to the three.

"Continue with your activities. Do not bother us." Jeong Jeong spoke.

Aang stood on a flat Rock surrounded by water as Jeong Jeong gave him instructions.

"Widen you stance." The firebender commanded. "Wider!"

"Bend your knees."

"Now concentrate."

"Wait! What do I do now?" Aang asked.

"Silence! Talking is not concentrating. Look at your friends, are they talking?" Jeong Jeong referred to the waterbenders. "Even that oaf knows to concentrate on what he's doing." Jeong Jeong talked about Sokka as Saori gave the nonbender a smug grin. "Hey!" Sokka called offended.

"But what am I concentrating on?" Aang tilted his head.

"Feel the heat of the sun, it is the greatest source of fire yet it is in complete balance with nature."

"So when do I get to make some fire?"

"Concentrate!"

Katara and Sokka laughed at Aang as his face burnt with embarrassment.

Jeong Jeong then dragged Aang to a nearby cliff.

Saori went into the water and formed multiple whip-like arms with the liquid and caught multiple fishes. Dropping them in the basket placed next to Sokka.

"Thanks Saori!"

After about fifteen minutes the three saw Jeong Jeong go back into his tent but Aang was nowhere to be seen.