House of memories

A/N: I know, another memory pun for a title. Sorry but it works so I'm not changing it.

Kobra's POV

When we got back to our place, it was pretty late. The other guys decided to go to bed once we'd shown Y/K/N where they were going to sleep. They were going to take what was a guest room. I was going to go to bed too, even though I wasn't tired. Even if I had been, there was no way I'd sleep for hours. They were stood in the guest room as I was walking away.

"Hey, Kobra..." They started. I turned around. "Could I ask you some more questions?" I nodded and we both walked downstairs. There was a sofa in one of the back rooms and we sat on it. "So... What did you want to ask?"
"Uhh- well, I was wondering. Were we close? Those other guys barely answered any questions that I asked earlier." There was no way I could tell them the whole truth now- to them, they had only just met me a few hours ago. Of course, there's some dark shit that I've got to tell them but other things (like the letter) that I can't.

I nodded. "Yeah, we were really close. Nearly two years ago, you'd been staying here for about a week but you wouldn't really talk to any of us."
"Why?" She asked.
"Uhh, you know how I said that Icy Frost had tried to kill you with your old group?" She nodded. "They had locked you in a building and set it on fire. We found you and managed to save your life but you kept trying to escape. We were going to let leave once you had recovered but you didn't like that. Then, about a week after that started, the other guys were out doing something and we were kidnapped by Korse. He kept torturing us because we wouldn't give up information for about seven months. We were in the same cell so we became kind of close. We had this rule that since we were going to die anyway that we wouldn't bother keeping secrets. We didn't die so now I could pretty much write your biography."

She had been shocked before but smiled a little. Y/K/N decided to ask another question. "How did we get out?"
"The other guys found us. They found an entrance that wouldn't trigger any alarms if they were careful and managed to get to us. After that, you kind of warmed up to the other guys and decided you were going to join us permanently."

They were in silence for another minute. "Why was I in the desert alone? Pheonix said that his group found me there." Kobra took a deep breath. He had been waiting for them to ask about that but he had no idea if he'd even be able to say it. "A little over a month ago..." He took another breath before being able to continue. "Korse sent a message out saying that any Killjoys that brought us in got free passage to Battery City. If we handed ourselves in, they would make our deaths quick but if we took you in or you went alone..." Tears began falling down his face. It was all he'd been able to think about for a month but it was that moment that he couldn't say it.

"He'd let you guys live?" Y/K/N asked. He nodded.
"How did you guess that?" I wiped my tears.
"I think I remember it. Kind of. I'm not sure." They kind of remembered something. That's incredible. "I can remember Korse's face on a big screen saying he'd kill me and everyone else would live." They looked down.

"Do you remember anything else? About us, or anything other than your sister and dad?" There was silence for a moment. They looked down and shook their head. "I'm sorry." Y/K/N muttered.
"It's okay. We're going to do everything we can to try and help you remember." If only they could remember. If they did, maybe they'd already have known how much I just want to hold onto them and tell them everything is going to be okay.

"I'm gonna go to bed. Thank you- for everything." Y/K/N stood up and so did I. We went to our sepparate rooms.