My hero

Y/K/N's POV

So many things have come back to me. I can remember so much. Since we saw the girl for the first time, it's only been a few months. A lot of the time, it's hard for me to tell whether something is a memory or not so Party had this idea from a book he read. There was this character that couldn't differentiate between his memories and something their government forced him to think so he would ask if something was 'real or not real'. It's a good idea actually and him presenting the idea to us made me more confident to ask. If I had read the book, I wouldn't have mentioned it. A lot of the stuff seems dumb and unreal but they don't mind telling me where it's from.

For example, there was this one time I thought we'd encountered a man with knives for hands. Whilst that is more likely than you'd think out here, Kobra reassured me that it was from a movie we had once watched when we had electricity. Sometimes we have enough to power a tv, sometimes we don't even have enough to send messages on the radio. Most of the time it's somewhere inbetween that though. Kobra told me that we watched the movie around christmas last year, when we had enough power for the tv for several days.

One evening, Kobra and I were in our place. We're there a lot more now than before. I think that's what we used to do. The other guys are like family but it's nice to get some fresh air, and some time with Kobra. He knows me better than anyone, and I can remember more with him than anyone else. "So..." He lied down next to me. The sky was clear, we could see the stars. They were beautiful. "That's sagittarius." I pointed and he looked. He doesn't know much about stars but he's clearly interested. Or really good at lying. I hope he's not a good liar or he could be bullshitting me on just about anything. Everything I know about my life is because of him. And he's too nice to be lying.

"How do you remember all of these?" He turned onto his side so I copied him.
"Because I'm smarter than you." He smirked.
"That's impossible." I rolled my eyes. We were so close, it felt nice.

"Tenth of september is your birthday. Is that right?" He nodded. "That means you're virgo."
"And what about you? What's your star sign?" I was silent for a second. When is my birthday? How do I forget something like that? I sat up, trying to hide the tears in my eyes. He sat up too, "are you okay?" I nodded.

"When... When is my birthday?" He seemed a little shocked, of course he was. I couldn't remember anything from after I was a little kid but even kids know their birthdays. "March twenty second." It's not the first time I've forgotten something like that. Last month it was my sisters name. Last week I forgot she was dead. It's like, as I get my newer memories back, my older ones keep slipping away for a second. Things I should know.

"Aries." I told him.

I wanted to stay up there with him but at the same time, I wanted to be alone. Maybe I could escape this tragedy in my sleep and worry about another for a while. "I think I'm gonna go to bed."
"Are you sure you're okay?" I just nodded.
"I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled sympathetically.
"See you tomorrow." I climbed down and walked to my room, making sure I avoided the other guys.

How did I survive all of that shit? It's some sort of miracle. Maybe that's what he is. My miracle. My hero. How can one person even go through all of that in such a short amount of time? That's not even the scariest part. A few days ago, I began to remember when I left them, before I lost my memory. The note.

Please don't come looking for me and tell Kobra I love him.

I loved him. I love him.