Chapter 2- It's 'cause I'm Irish, isn't it?

~:~

“Chloe,” someone whined whilst shaking me. It was a guy. I groaned and pulled my blanket back up over my face.

“Go away,” I begged, refusing to let my eyes open. If they did, I would never be able to go back to the state of peace I was, moments before.

“Come on! The ‘all you can eat breakfast buffet’ is open! We have to go now!” I finally realized who the boy pestering me was.

“Niall, go eat without me. I’m not getting up.” I said matter-o-factly.

“No! I have nobody else to sit with. Please!” He begged and started to jump on the bed. I laughed at his childishness and, much to my dismay, gave in to opening my eyes.

“I’m not getting out of this bed.” I said crossing my arms over my chest. An evil smirk crept onto Niall’s face.

“I know you’re ticklish.” He said pausing from all the jumping.

“No Niall! Please don’t.” I begged sitting up straight and giving him a stern look. Before I could get up Niall had already pinned me down to the bed and began to tickle my stomach. I laughed so hard I started to cry! Niall got a worried look on his face when the tears started to fall down my face.

“Are you alright?” He asked getting off of me. I decided to take advantage of the opportunity.

“No! You really hurt me Niall!” I said with a scared look on my face. It must have been pretty convincing because Niall started to look around frantically calling for some help.

“I am so sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt you!” He said wiping the tears away from my face. I had to stop this now, the worst thing EVER, is seeing Niall upset. He’s so sensitive, and you have to be extra careful.

“No, Niall I’m fine,” I said standing up and placing my hands on his shoulders to calm him down. He was still concerned and wouldn’t listen what I was saying.  “I was just messing with you.” I shook him to get his attention and began wiggling around just to assure him I was alright.

“Jeez Chloe! You scared the crap outta me!” He said coming over to pull me into a bone crushing hug.

“Yeah, I noticed,” I mumbled. “Let’s go get breakfast,” I said into his t-shirt.

“Yes.” He whispered victoriously. I giggled.

We walked out of my cabin hand in hand. And no, we aren’t dating. He’s been my best friend forever and once you’ve been best friends with someone for so long, being close to them (literally) just becomes natural. This was completely normal for us since probably preschool.

--

“Mummy, I don’t want to go!” I screamed. My little hands tugged on my mom’s skirt as I started to cry.

“Honey, mummy loves you! Don’t worry, you will be home in no time.” She said giving me a cheery smile, even though inside she was breaking. I looked around at all the other kids flocking to the classroom. A short boy with brown hair and blue eyes turned around and walked towards me.

“Don’t cry! It’s fun in there. Sometimes the teacher gives us cookies at snack time!” The boy said. I wiped my face with the back of my hand and sniffled.

“I want to stay with Mummy, she protects me.” I protested to the little boy.

“I’m Niall,” the boy said holding out his hand. “I will take care of you.” My big brown eyes traveled from his outstretched arm and then back to his smiling face. I stood for a few moments thinking over my options as my mum gave me a nod of encouragement. Niall continued to smile and so I took his hand as he led me into the classroom.