Chapter 12- That's the last time.

I sat in shock at Niall’s confession. I wasn’t sure if I should ask him to leave, or comfort him and tell him it was okay. I didn’t want to pull the whole ‘I only love you as a friend’ because I know what I felt when I kissed him that night when we played ‘spin the bottle’.

The only thing holding me back from kissing Niall then and there was Harry. I loved Harry. I was falling hard for the curly haired guy and I didn’t want to lose all of that because of small possible feelings for Niall.

“I don’t know what you want me to say,” I spoke just above a whisper. What did he expect for me to do? Fall into his arms and confess my love for him and go get married? If he thought that was what was going to happen, he was delusional.

“Nothing, I guess.” He sighed. “I just needed to tell you before I blew up.”

“Well that would be unfortunate,” I laughed quietly and Niall cracked a smile.

“At least if I blew up we wouldn’t be in this mess,” he reasoned. I frowned at his comment.

“Ni, you can’t control your feelings. None of this is your fault. I’m not mad at you, if that’s what you want to hear.” I said placing my hand on his shoulder. He flinched under my touch, but soon relaxed.

I wanted him to know, that our friendship would not be in jeopardy because of this. Although I was a little frustrated how all of this was blowing up in my face, I can only imagine how Niall is feeling.

 Niall leaned in closer to me and looked directly into my eyes. I felt his lips brush against mine as if he was asking for permission. My eyes fluttered closed taking in the moment. What I was doing was so wrong. I knew it was wrong. I was doing exactly what Harry did with Cassidy. I was cheating.

Niall closed the small gap between us, finally kissing me. My fingers made their way to Niall’s blonde hair, while his found my waist. The kiss was full of desperation, and that came from both ends. Plus there were ‘sparks,’ lots of them.  

We pulled away breathless.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered. “That’s the last time, I swear.”

“It was me too. I could have stopped it,” I admitted.

“You didn’t though,” Niall looked up at me with hopeful eyes.

“That doesn’t change the way I feel about Harry,” I assured him. I loved Harry and I had made that pretty clear to Niall over the past few weeks.

“I know. I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” Niall stood to his feet and started to walk to the door.

“Wait!” I jumped up running after him. I grabbed his wrist to pull him around. “Look at me please,” I said quietly. When I was sure I had his attention I stood on my tippy-toes to give him a quick peck on the lips. “That’s the last time,” I said trying to refrain from letting a goofy grin take over my face.

Niall was surprised by my actions, but he didn’t question it. Instead he walked away, and headed down the dirt path back to the main cabins. I shut the door and slid down the wall cupping my face in my hands. Why did I do that? Why did I kiss Niall? I could only pray that Harry didn’t find out. After all, the kiss we shared was nothing. Harry had nothing to worry about.

I told myself that over and over, mostly for my own sake. Harry had nothing to worry about.

(((Harry’s POV)))

I jumped down from Chloe’s window and ran into my cabin slamming the door behind me. I shivered when I stepped inside. Why was I so cold? I looked down at myself and realized I was missing my pants. Well, that was embarrassing.