Chapter 18- Idiot in Tin Foil

(((Niall’s POV)))

“He did what?! That little b-“

“Niall! Please don’t call him that,” Chloe said her eyes boring into mine.

“Does he know that you know?” I asked, calming myself down.

“No,” she said looking down at her fingers to chip away at the blue nail-polish.

“Come on,” I said standing up and holding out my hand.

“What are you doing Niall?”

“We’re getting out of here.” I replied. She blinked a few times to make sure she heard me right.

“I need my stuff,” she reasoned.

“So go and get it,” I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“And what if Harry sees me leaving?” Chloe asked crossing her arms over her chest.

“Tell him your leaving?” I replied as more of a question. Chloe sighed and nodded as she started to walk towards the door.

“Wait here,” she mouthed to me before entering the house.

I sat down on the porch step and waited patiently for her to return.

(((Chloe’s POV)))

What are the odds that Niall shows up right when I need him the most? I had a feeling he would hate me for what I had done to him back at camp. After all, he did leave because of me. I never expected him to come and pay a visit to Harry’s place.

Thoughts raced through my mind as I ran up the stairs to the guest room. I just needed to retrieve my belongings and make a bee-line back to the front door. How hard can it be?

“Chloe?” a deep husky voice as from behind me, making me jump. I held my breath as I turned around. If I relaxed, I would cry right in front of him. My eyes dropped to what he was holding in his hands; roses. There had to be at least twenty, perfect, red roses. I felt the anger bubbling inside of me. What? Did he stop at the shops after having the lovely make-out session with Cassidy that I had the pleasure to witness from my window?

I ripped the flowers from his hand and threw them onto the ground. Harry winced in pain as one of the thorns gave him a cut.

“What’s wrong with you?!” he snapped. I rolled my eyes, as if he didn’t know.

“Don’t give me that bull crap Harry!” I yelled right back at him. His hand reached out to grab my arm, but I jerked out of his grip. “You cheated on me again!”

“What are you talking about Chloe?!”

“You and Cassidy? Ring a bell Harry? I saw you kissing all over her on her porch! I’m not stupid!” I said blinking back my tears.

“Oh my God,” Harry gasped in realization. I took a step back from him, grabbing my duffel bag.

“I’m leaving,” I said as I started towards the door. He spun me back around to meet his eyes and pushed me against the wall as he kissed me roughly. I shoved him back and wasted no time before slapping him. My hand met his cheek and it felt like I had just punched a concrete wall. I ignored the pain in my wrist as I left Harry in the guest room completely stunned by my actions.

Niall was sat on the porch still waiting for me. He turned around at the sound of the door opening and smiled when he saw me.

“You ready?” he asked. I nodded and he took me out the car where I was surprised to see Jane seated in the front.