Chapter 9- The trouble with cheaters...

(((Harry’s POV)))

“Do you want some potatoes?” Chloe asked as she scooped some onto her plate.

“Not really,” I shrugged.

“Haz, you barely have anything on your plate!” She laughed putting potatoes on anyways. She continued stacking the food onto her own. Occasionally, Chloe would catch me staring and smile nervously before looking away. I didn’t care that she knew I was looking. I loved to look at her. The way she smiled made my heart flutter. I wanted to be there every time she did. Wow. That is cheesy and I am sorry you had to read that. “Hey! Earth to Harry!” she laughed waving her hand in front of my face.

I blinked a few times before replying. “Uh, what?” I asked startled.

“I asked you where you wanted to sit,” she said raising her eyebrows.

“Oh, I don’t care. Where did Niall and Cassidy go?”

“They sat down over there about three minutes ago,” she replied nodding her head slowly. I wondered how long I had been zoned out, obviously longer than three minutes.

“I guess we can sit over there.” I pointed to a table for two next to the window. Chloe smiled and intertwined her free hand with mine. I led her over to table I was talking about and we sat down, starting to fill our mouths with food. Which for me, were mashed potatoes. I hadn’t really put anything else on my plate, despite Chloe’s wishes. 

“Are we going to the fire again tonight?” she asked scooping apple sauce up with her spoon.

“If you want,” I replied smiling. I didn’t care what we did. I just wanted to be with Chloe. Oh my God, I sound like a lovesick puppy.

“I think it would be fun,” she shrugged.

“Ew, gross. Swallow before you talk,” I gasped mock horror. She shoveled food into her mouth until it was filled to the max.

“Like this?” she giggled as the peas began to fall out. I shook my head and laughed with her.

“Here, take this.” I handed her a napkin which she gratefully took. Chloe covered her face and spit all of the food out into the paper towel.

“Thanks,” she smiled shyly.

“No problem, babe.”

(((Niall’s POV)))

“They really are cute together.” Cassidy whispered in admiration at Harry and Chloe. I didn’t mind Harry as a person, but I definitely was not fond of him stealing my best friend.

“Yeah, they are.” I lied.

We, and by ‘we’ I mean Cassidy, had been watching the two of them for the past thirty minutes. All I really wanted to do was talk Cass. I wanted to get to know her. I was going to need a best friend since Chloe was obviously too busy.

“I hope they fall in love and get married like they do in the movies. If Harry doesn’t want to be with me, I hope he ends up with Chloe.” Cassidy was pretty much talking to herself at that point. I had zoned out a while ago.

“Have you tried the French fries here?” I mumbled through the fries in my mouth. Cass shook her head at me with a disgusted look on her face.

“No, I’m on a diet.”

“Oh,” I could already tell that Cassidy would never be able to replace Chloe. Chloe and I would go to eating competitions all summer at fairs and what not. I usually won, but occasionally Chloe stepped up to the plate. (no pun intended)