CHAPTER 9

Artemis Celeste's pov:

Honestly, my legs feel dead. Perks of being a high school quarterback. Coach Randcliff made us do too many shits that are humanly impossible to complete.

Stupid arrogant man.

He's new to the team though. After couch Matthews left the football team, we were left hanging in the middle of nowhere. Well, we are a strong team. But a team with no guidance is literally like a lost ship without a sailor. We begin to lose games- and games. Last year was a fucking flop. But then, Randcliff came to us as our savior.

He's an amazing teacher, but also a fucking asshole. Our team's improving though, with new recruits, it's safe to say we're getting back on the track.

I hear the doorbell ring for a few times, repeatedly from the hall. Guess what? I'm munching on the potato chips while lying peacefully in the couch, binge watching Netflix.

It's a Saturday morning. Adrian and the others have gone to the warehouse. And I don't even know where Levi is anymore. I swear that the man practically lives in the hospital. My brothers, I mean- we are very close. Growing up without parents- were hard for us. Sperm donor was there- but it never felt like it. I can never call him father.

The asshole didn't deserve to hear it.

I'm glad that he died. He was a ruthless spontaneous mafia don, who knew and thought about nothing but his profit. Adrian, our older brother took over him five years ago. He's one of the best person I've ever seen. All of my brothers are.

I hear the doorbell ringing again.

For fucks sake.

I try to get up but I feel a sharp pain in my limbs. For crying out loud, I feel like a little girl now.

Our family is heavily involved in mafia. What am I saying, We are the mafia. And to add, almost all of us- except Lorenzo, Kaison and Levi- fight in the underground arena.

Explains the muscle.

I've had an underground fight two months ago and may I add, I lost pathetically. For the first fucking time. The fighter who apparently goes by the name Clostia, being a fucking girl, beat me up.

I'm known as "Red hue" cause- I don't know. I think it's pretty cool.

Please kill me.

Anyways, I've seen that bitch a couple of times fighting before. She always wears a fucking mask - to hide her face. Dramatic asshole. I haven't seen what she looks like yet.

I hear someone banging on the door loudly. Nonetheless, I drag myself out and to the door.

Must be one of the cheerleaders I invited over. They can't keep their legs closed.

I grunt. And then I throw the door open, only to find a tired, impatient Levi standing behind it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I try saying something sarcastic, but then- I notice his red rim eyes- puffy from crying.

My older brother never cried- never once in his life-?

I patient less-ly put a hand on his shoulder, pulling him in the mansion and slamming the door closed.

He follows me and plops down on the unmade couch- without commenting anything on it. I keep my gaze on him and uncomfortably shift in my seat. He keeps quiet for a few moments.

And then he looks at me- I know that kind of look.

The look when he told us our mother died giving birth to our M.I.A sister.