CHAPTER 33

double update, make sure to read chap 32 before u read this one, thank u x.

ARTEMIS'S POINT OF VIEW :

"Do you want tea?" I hold my urge to bash her head down on the table when the old hag makes her way into the leaving room. Do we look like we're here for fucking tea?

I knee Roman in his shin as I whisper in his ears, "Let's get out!" But he just glares at me. Motherfucker.

"No actually we just want to talk," Roman says, and I almost snort at him for being nice.

"Okay, so do you wanna rent or somethin'? I didn't know your kind would ever come to a place like this," I silently agree with her, yes. We would never. That's exactly why I think we should get the fuck out of this shithole at once because Katelyn wouldn't even think of being here, God knows where she is. She doesn't even have any money.

"Right, um. We told you we wanted to talk to you about um some personal informations, about someone. And you need to tell us thoroughly," Roman says as I bite my lips to let myself stop from letting a cry out when I smell a disgusting wafting smell coming from the bathroom.

"Darlin', we can't do that," she clicks her tongue on her lip, pretending to tidy up the table. Bitch.

I slam a thousand dollar note on the table, and her eyes widen. She gulps, looking at the note and our faces simultaneously.

"I assume we can now, right?" I tightly smile at her, seeing her snatching up the money and putting into her blouse pocket. I finally realize the younger girl is still sitting in the corner, gawking at us. Creep.

The doorbell rings of her house, and I grit my teeth to stop myself from burning this house down already. She gets up to answer it, but I motion to her to sit down.

"Did a young girl, her age-" Roman motions to the creep, "Blonde hair, Hazel eyes- looks absolutely like him?" He indicates me. " Rent out here?"

The woman examines us with a confused look, mostly looking at me. When she tries to shake her head, the young girl speaks up.

"The lanky girl downstairs did look like you, but she is brunette. And she looks like a cheap hooker, so yeah no," her squeaky voice speaks up.

"Nah, the girl's 21, I saw her ID. She can't be who they're looking for," the old woman waves her off.
"What was her name?" Roman inquires. Looks like me, brunette hair. A perfect cover up. But Katelyn is 17, she doesn't look like a hooker and she doesn't look cheap, or lanky.

"Lynn Sheldon," my mind does go blank when she says this. Sheldon, where have I heard the name Sheldon before?

Sheldon

Sheldon

Young Sheldon.

"You should try it, maybe you'll stop being a dickbag then, asshole,"

"Young Sheldon," I speak out and Roman looks at me weirdly. "That's the show Kate used to watch every single night, and Lynn. Her dead friend used to call her Lynn,"

I am already back up on my feet, my baby sister is here. God, we finally found her. The doorbell rings again, and I tight-lipped ly nod at both of the women.

"Which floor?" I ask, excitement flooding through my body. My baby sister.

"I don't think you can buy so much informations with a thousand, darlin'," and I lose it. I walk to her and wrap around her boney throat with two of my hands.

But I am soon tugged back, Roman glares at the woman. He throws two thousand dollar notes on the floor. And the woman smiles even though she's panicked, " 2nd floor, room number 67,"