CHAPTER 18

Do you know the definition of a bad day? Like a day where you are getting pivoted in every single way there is?

Yes. I do. Sitting on the big gold dining table, holding my nose in a linen flowery napkin while a few women rush out of nowhere with a bucket of ice and a fast aid box big enough to stuff myself in it.

After finding myself in a bed with the stranger who looks unbelievably handsome and has a figure of an actual Greek God  and breaking my nose, I've got to a point where I do not know if I am raged or simply frustrated.

I found out that the Greek god is actually Greek and a great friend of my brothers. Even though that motherfucker looked familiar I couldn't pin point how or where I saw him.

But then I heard his name, Adrien Santino, every thing clicked together. He is nobody but the son of the Greek bastard who is the Don of the Greek Mafia.

After waking up he found me down the bed and thought I was one of his one night stands, and told me to get the fuck out of my own room after waking up.

I almost ripped his scalp off and had a live-or-die fist fight. Adrian didn't seem to have a problem hitting women, even though I called the shots first.

I broke his nose, spilt his eyebrows and got him a busted lip. He could not do the same on me but I'm still not in a good shape.

Massimo flew in my room and broke us apart, Kaison followed suit and his eyes went as big as light sockets.

I tried to ask him what he was doing in my room but as he- a son of a bitch- kept saying and I quote, "What the fuck have you done to my room?"

So after hours of bickering and acting like an overhyped child, we have finally settled down.

"May I ask what the fuck were you doing with my sister- in her bed?" I hear Roman's agitated voice and I feel a strange flutter in my stomach.

He called me his sister.

"Since when do you have a fucking sister- and what the fuck has she done to my room?" Adrien's deep voice booms through the dining room followed by some crunches.

And then I hear some hushed whispers and a series of footsteps paddling through the staircase, Massimo, Kaison, Roman and Adrien, notice my scowling figure and Kaison gives me a weird look, and then they continue with their paddling untill they reached Roman's bedroom, and shut his door loudly.

Strange.

I sigh loudly and get up from the table, shooting a challenging glare - that says come try to stop me - to the bunch of women who looked panicked enough to piss their pants, and start walking through the house.

Even though they were my family, I could not feel fully comfortable in the house. Even though Levi and Adrian had given me a peptalk, I still couldn't gather myself to let cool completely.

I gather my phone out from my sweat pockets and slide open the screen,

I see Amelia's face pop out in a facetime call and my favorite song starts ringing and booming through the empty hallway.
A big smile makes it way to my face and I pick up the call, and soon her brunette hair makes appearance followed with a loud hello.

"Oh my God did you get a new haircut?" I gush out when I see a series of bangs that weren't on her head before , sprawled messily on her glistening forehead.

"I called you to tell you that, bitch. Sarah and I have so much to tell you, but guess what? You've done a total not available stunt on us. Where the fuck are you?" She laughs and rambles.

I roll my eyes at her complete blalantness and make up my mind to catch up with them as soon as I can.

"Uh, meet up at Brinkston at 5?" 

"Alright Kay, you know I'm gonna castrate you if I don't find you there at 5 right?"
She makes up a series face and fake glares at me.

"Of course babe, I don't know you for these years for nothing. That's the only thing you can do." And with that I cut the call.

Prep talking myself to talk to Santi and Caden too, I mumble out a loud fuck and turn around, but something else grabs my attention.

In the very end of the hallway, a room with a pinkish door catches my eyes.

It feels like a deja Vu, I've seen it before, but I don't remember it.

I slowly stride towards the room and ignore the constant vibrating of my iphone.

The door is pale pink, with a flowerish theme in it. The golden coloured knob has a pink hue in it too.

A rugged picture is attached in the center of the door. A little stick figure with flowers in it's hands, and 7 stick figures beside her, with flowers in their hands aswell.

It takes me time to figure out that they are none other then my brothers, and the girl- is nobody other than my little self.

It's a drawing of a child, it's drawn with so much love. I turn the knob but it is locked. A sudden feeling of disappointment grows in me and I turn around wordlessly, defeated.

And then I bump into someone, with a broad chest.

It is none other than Artemis, looking at the door with a sadden look, hunched shoulders. I cower away from him, trying to leave, but he grips my elbows and tugs me back gently.

The last time I checked, he loathed me. It can't be any better this time. He probably held me up to shit on me for snooping through their- our house.

But the words he says next leaves me speechless.

"It used to be your room, you know?" He says, his voice seems hoarse.

He continues when I do not answer, "God, you were obsessed with pink, and you were an energetic toddler. An angry little shit stomping all around if she didn't get what she wants. You had dad turn your room fully pink, even the furnitures, every single thing. Your little ridiculous fluffy dresses were all pink too. God, it hurted my head." He chuckles, his dimples become visible on his cheeks.

I can't help but giggle at his comment either. "Tell me you're lying!"

"Nah, You made Adrian paint the backyard pink, not the floor though, but everything else. " His eyes lit up, while talking about me, but dulls when he looks at the picture on the door.

"You drew it a day before you," his voice breaks, and I understand what he means, and I feel a sharp pain in my heart.

After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, the both of us haven't moved an inch from our previous places.

"Why do I not remember any of this," I pause, feeling the moisture in my eyes, but not caring, "I was not that little, I'm supposed to remember."

Artemis's eyes turn dark, he looks rigged, he looks pained,

"You should ask it to yourself. Maybe, you do though. Judging from the fact you did live your entire life on streets, lying shouldn't be something you can't do."

His harsh words feel like a slap on my face. I become dumbstrucked.

Streets? He knew I did not live on streets.

I watch his retreating figure as he makes his way out of the hallway, as a few drops of tears make their way down my cheek.

That is when I realize,

This will never be my home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------