CHAPTER 14

Ever wondered about surprises? A series of surprises? The past week has been too exhausting to me

Ever wondered about surprises? A series of surprises? The past week has been too exhausting to me. I'd cry if I could but I'm to astonished to do so.

Because the way, a few hours ago, the scariest man in the underground, Adrian Celestè broke into my room and I almost pissed my pants after I looked at the expression he had on his face.

Caden and Santi looked like they were about to cry when Adrian kicked them out of the room.

He doesn't look like me- but he has my hazel eyes. That is why I never got a hint of recognition all the times in the past I had encounters with him. Even though I wore masks during the meetings, he was bare faced. And I never realized that we might be related.

The stern man who has a record to kill people in the merciless way and laugh after it, had broke into my room with a cruel expression and for a moment I thought, he was mad that I was his sister.

I thought he didn't want me, I thought he hated me, but when his eyes fell on me, he started to sob like a middle aged woman and jumped on my lying form, almost pulling me into him with the biggest hug I've ever got in my life.

He cried and cried, looking at me with unreadable expressions and never even let me go.

I couldn't believe my eyes, the man with no emotion cried because of me.

I have so many questions. So many of them.

But I suppress them when I look up and I meet with a hard suited chest.

He had wrapped me up with him in my small bed, clinging into me as a koala, and fell asleep.

The door suddenly slams open and I see Levi's form running into the room.

He has fresh bruises on his face, a crooked nose, he looks breathless.

I am about to ask about what the fuck happened but he cuts me off with a lazy nod.

But he smiles when he looks at us. And he looks content.

And I do too. I smile back and close my eyes, leaning into my big brother.

I can't quiet decipher the feeling. It's like for the first time in my life, I feel relieved. For the first time in my life, I actually have someone to lean into.

You know when you're young, and you fail to do the simplest things, you run to your parents and cry to them, ask them to do it for you, and they do it, contently with a smile.

I'd never got that. I never had people I could run to whenever I felt down.

And that's the feeling I am getting right now and I wanna bawl my eyes out.

The quiet moment of me with myself doesn't last longer when I hear hushed masculine whispers outside the door.

"Why do you think he called us here together? Did something happen to him? Are we at the right room?"