CHAPTER 25

KATELYN'S POINT OF VIEW:

I silently glare at the man hovering on me, as he checks out my heart rate with a stethoscope. Levi sits in the corner of the room, staring at God knows what.

"All good, other then the fact that your right collar bone is slightly fractured- and your shoulder does not need any stitches, but you have to take medicines for a while," he smiles at me, crookedly. I don't stop glaring at him, and he seems to get the memo as he puts his lips into a straight line and turns to Levi.

"Well, man. Your sis is good for now! Just don't let her put pressure on the wounded side and she'll be fine," they do a weird handshake, and Levi slaps the man on his back.

"Thanks Jay, I'll call you later," My brother smiles at him, but he scowls when he looks at me again.

Jay, a short scrawny man is probably a friend of Levi, otherwise I don't think he'd have the guts to act like this with him.

"I didn't need to be checked up just for a little scratch! Stop treating me like a fucking kid," I exclaim, but my glare doesn't disappear.

"You passed out! What were we supposed to do, K?" He says when he sits on a tool beside my bed. "Aw, don't puff your cheeks so much, you look just like Art right now," and my glare intensifies.

Adrian comes into the pale room, he comes towards me and tries to hug me- but refrains when he sees my dangerous glare.

It's been a full day since the attack, and since I passed out. My brain has to stop playing mind tricks on me, I had no reason to be reminded of these horrible memories just by seeing blood, and not to mention fucking fainting. This is pathetic, weak.

None of us talk, we sit in three different corners of the room completely silent, all of d scowling. And I can't help but smile at how stupidly alike we look like, even Adrian.

"We should get you to your room, Kate," and I finally agree to something Adrian says. This fucking white room is making me sick, even though it's not in a hospital but in the very corner of our mansion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I started working there when I was 15," I frown when I say those words. All my brothers staring at me with different emotions in their face.

After getting checked up, Adrian made us all sit down in the living room. Adrien and a man who is the older version of him, is also sitting in a sofa.

Allessio Santino, Don of the Greek Mafia- I've never seen him in the underworld before, but I definitely heard about him. The Greek and the Italian Mafia have a tight nit relationship. I still fail to understand why would my oldest brother make me spill the secrets out of me, when they hid things from me too!

"Did John put you up for the association?" Lorenzo's agitated voice echoes through the room and I roll my eyes.

"No, I don't think he knew, or Peter," I say softly, looking down to the ground.

"Continue please," Adrian speaks and I glare at him, stupid hypocritical asshole.

"Um, my friend Caden- were connected to the underground. He introduced me to Santiago, Santiago already worked for Andrew- and I knew how to fight. So he gave me the job of a sniper, after a few months, you could say- I was promoted. I did uh other things too,"

"How'd you know to fight?" Don Alessio asks, swirling a wine glass in his hand.

"I-," I pause, "I fought in the underground fighting arena," I mutter out.

"Wait what?" Artemis blurts out. I look up to him and see him looking at me with a confused expression. Sitting beside him, is Massimo and Kaison, and both of them look scared. I dont know of what.