man up

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

∞༺♡༻✧

"how're you feeling today?" dream asked, pushing his football shorts back into his bag.

punz light-heartedly rolled his eyes. "you don't need to ask me every day, dre," he reminded, smiling at his friend, "i swear it was just a one-time thing. i'm fine now."

"punz, it isn't a one-time thing if it happens every-"

"let's just not talk about it," punz interrupted, pulling on a clean shirt.

"okay, sorry," dream apologised, "i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"dream," punz looked at the other sternly. "don't apologise, you could literally never make me uncomfortable," he smiled genuinely, "i just don't want to dampen the mood of a good day."

"punz, you know your mental health is more important, right?" dream frowned.

"yes, i know, i know, but i'd still rather not," he shrugged, spraying himself with some aftershave and doing the same to dream when the younger boy held his arms out expectantly.

"okay, that's okay, i respect that."

"thank you," punz replied, picking up his bag and gesturing to dream's shoes so he wouldn't forget them before the pair made their way out of the changing room and back across the practice field. "do you want to go to dani's?"

"yeah, sure," dream agreed.

they walked into the diner, punz taking their bags over to their table while dream ordered their food.

"so," dream started, sitting down opposite punz and putting down two glasses of water, "any plans for your birthday?"

"yeah. well, nan actually said i could throw a like house party," punz started, taking a sip of his drink before continuing, "but i think it's just because she feels bad about what happened the other day."

"i mean, that probably is why," dream agreed, knowing how strict puffy could be, "but if you're being offered any kind of party you should take the opportunity."

"yeah, true," punz nodded.

"how many people do you think she would let you invite?" dream asked.

"honestly, after last week she'd let me have as many people as i want."

"so uh, who would you invite?" the younger boy wondered, twisting around the straw in his drink while punz thought.

"other than, like, the football guys and the people we talk to at school, i'm not sure," he answered honestly, though they both knew those groups alone would invite enough people to fill the house. "why? who're you thinking?"

"well i was just thinking about like maybe inviting sap and that," dream suggested with a small, unsure shrug.

"i don't know, i've never properly spoken to sapnap or karl, wouldn't that be a bit weird?"