the barbeque

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

∞༺♡༻✧

there were already quite a few people in george's garden, most of which he didn't know or didn't talk to - which isn't that big of a shock considering he's never even met the people who live in the house next to his.

the first people to arrive who he properly recognised were ranboo and holly. he'd spoken to them a few times while at karl's and, to be honest, he was just relieved that there was finally someone he knew.

he walked over to them just as his dad did, the twins' parents leaving to talk with him so he was left with them.

"i'm so glad you're here," george smiled.

"i can tell," holly laughed, george's relief being very visible.

"where are all the others?" ranboo asked.

"i'm not sure," george shrugged, "i know karl's family are waiting for schlatt to get back but i don't know about everyone else."

"tommy told me they're leaving in like fifteen minutes," holly informed the brit, "apparently kristin made cakes but she has to wait for them to cool so she can put frosting on them."

"why didn't he just say on the group chat?" ranboo asked, clear distaste lining his tone.

"we were mid-convo," she quickly retorted with a shrug.

"right."

the awkward silence didn't last for long before george's dad came over to introduce himself.

"so you're twins?" he asked, feigned interest clear.

"yeah," holly nodded.

"how old are you?" he asked, gaze flicking from holly to george.

"we're fifteen," ranboo replied.

"george, how old are you?" his father asked, squinting at the brunette.

"i'm seventeen, dad. two school years above them."

"oh, right," his dad responded, waving to the trio before walking away.

"what was that about?" ranboo asked suspiciously, watching as the older brit disappeared across the garden.

"i think he was hoping we were the same age so he could set me up with holly," george explained honestly, "sorry about that."

"does he not know your gay?" the brunette girl asked.

"no, no," george laughed, "he knows, he's just incredibly homophobic," the brit replied.

"well this will be interesting then," ranboo spoke, gesturing behind george.

george turned to see sapnap and his family walking into the garden. "i'm going to go and make sure he doesn't say anything," george told the twins, turning quickly to arrive by the family at the same time as his father.