24

Violet

"We're out of piping bags." Marcus said panicking. He was currently working on our Christmas tree cupcakes. We started putting out our Christmas themed desserts the Monday after Black Friday and it's been a week since then.

"Check the storage closet." I told him, putting the finishing touches on this last minute cake order. The only reason I took this order was because it was pretty simple and it didn't require much detailing, so I was able to get it done in less than a day.

"Found them!" Marcus shouted from across the kitchen. I gave him a thumbs up and boxed up the cake. I'm pretty much in charge today since Mr. Jones is in his office.

This was my last order for the day and luckily I'm off in 5 minutes, so I start cleaning my area.
It was another early shift so I'm off in time to enjoy the rest of my day.

"Bye Violet!" Claire said waving. I waved back and walked out of the bakery. The cold air hit me as I walked outside, making me zip my coat up. It's pretty hot in that kitchen because of all the desserts baking so I didn't bother zipping my coat up at first.

As I was walking to my car, someone's bag bumped into my hand causing my keys to fall on the ground. I groaned and we both bent down to pick them up. I grabbed them first and stood back up. "I'm so sorry."
You got to be kidding me.
"Oh, what a surprise, I didn't know you were working today." Andrea said grinning.

"Well it is Monday so..." I trailed off and she laughed it off.
"Well I was just on my way to get some more of those cookies I got last time, they're just too good, do you make them?" She asked. What the fuck is she even talking about? The last time she was here, all she did was pick up a cake.

"Um, we have a team so probably not. Look, I have to go. Bye." I said and turned to walk away.
"Wait!" She shouted. I groaned louder this time so she could hear me. "What?" I snapped. It's cold as fuck out here and I'm ready to go home.

"I know Kostas probably told you about me, but I just want to let you know I'm not the bad guy here." She said.

I raise a brow. "Let me guess, Kostas is a villain? What, should we join forces to take him down before he takes over the tri-state area?" I asked her. She narrowed her eyes. "I'm serious, I know you know about our breakup, I was provoked. I'm not one for violence, I'm a pacifist." She said tooting her nose up.

I sighed and put my hands in my coat pockets. I could've been halfway home by now. "What could he have possibly done to cause you to vandalize his apartment?" I asked her. Now I want to know.

"Did you know that I told him I loved him that day and he laughed in my face? He told me he didn't feel the same and whatever I thought we had was over. He broke my heart that night. I got mad, like I said, he provoked me. I suggest you leave while you still can, while your heart is still whole." She said frowning.

Kostas never said anything about her confessing her love, he only told me that he was done with her once articles were posted about them.

He told me they were never in a relationship, but she kept trying to force it, hence the social media posts.
She may have had the media fooled, but Kostas never wanted a relationship with her and she knew that, at least that's what I thought. I'm not sure if Kostas was ever direct with her. I know he told her his intentions a couple times, but clearly she wasn't taking it seriously. He said she was posting pictures of them for weeks, so why didn't he end it sooner?