31

Kostas

"I will not be taking questions at this time, thank you." I said towards the cameras and walked off the platform. That didn't stop the reporters from shouting questions at me as I walked towards Violet. Elena was also here, but she dipped off a minute ago to answer a phone call. She's in the process of getting the police report, it basically has everything we need to win this case.

I spent the last few days going over what I would say at this press conference, where I intend to clear my name. Investors do not like being associated with people who are part of a scandal. Luckily for me, no one has dropped their investments yet and I honestly don't think they will. Most of these investors need me more than I need them. That doesn't mean I'm any less eager to end all of this. I don't like this type of publicity, especially since Violet's face will eventually be plastered all over the internet in association to this trial. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do about that.

"You're really good at public speaking." Violet said when I got to her.

"Thank you." I said and pecked her lips. I heard the camera shutters go off and groaned.
"It's okay, you can only do some much." Violet said with a small smile. 

"Let's go." I said and we all left. On the way home, I could only think of what's to come.

"Do you think this trial will really last months?" Violet asked. Truthfully, I don't think so. Her argument is weak and she has nothing to back up her lies so I feel like this shouldn't run on too long.

"I don't think it will, but only time will tell." I said. She nodded and eventually Charles, my driver, pulled into my driveway. I didn't feel like driving to the press conference, I've been so stressed out lately, which has been giving me blinding migraines, but Violet has been helping me through them. She suggested going to a doctor to get something to help keep them under control, but I haven't had the time, my schedule is too busy to squeeze in another appointment.

Luckily, she'll be staying with me for the next couple of weeks. This will give us more time to go over her role in the trial as well as give me more time to have her to myself. I feel much better when she's with me.

The bakery takes up half of her time throughout the day, so I was happy when I found out she would be getting off earlier everyday and took that to my advantage. That allowed me to have lunch with her damn near everyday. I'm looking forward to the time in our relationship where we finally move in together. I'm a lot less stressed when she's with me.

"What do you want for lunch?" She asked me as she set her purse down on the couch. I shrugged.
"Pizza?" I suggested. I could use some greasy food right about now. Violet calls it 'comfort food'.

"Pizza it is." She said and unlocked her phone. I guess she's ordering it online.
I loosened my tie and sat down next to her.
I could already feel a headache coming along.

"Calm down...all of this will be over before you know it." Violet said and gave my hand a squeeze.
"Yeah I hope so." I murmured and laid down on her lap.
"Boy if you don't get your big ass head off of me." She said making me laugh.

"My head is not that big, pretty sure it's average." I told her and stayed right where I was.
"Yeah and I'm sure it has a great personality too huh?" She smirked. I gasped.
"Was that a dirty joke?" I asked her. She never fails to surprise me.
"Maybe." She laughed.

I'm glad she's with me these next couple of weeks. She's the only one who can make me smile in a time like this.
—————

I groaned at the familiar sensation building up, her moans like music to my ears. I can't see her, but the image of her face scrunched up in pleasure made me go faster.