Prince!SteveRogersXArcheologist!Reader (Part 2)

Authors Note:

( (()) )--- Please read Chapter 1, Prince!SteveRogersXArcheologist!Reader before reading this part. ---( (()) )

Ah, it's great to be back!! Thanks for the wait, but really. Thank you ^^*

I am so glad you guys love chapter 1!

Best wishes to saraladybug123 & StevesDickGobbler for your lovely comments and motivation <3 Honestly, you guys are amazing! I had decided on this one-shot(?) to be multiple chapters as it will be quite a ride.

Here is chapter 2 for this week, I will update this weekly if time allows me to update.

Enjoy =^^=

Tags:

#Prince!SteveRogersXArcheologist!Reader #FewPartsStory #CaptainAmericaDon'tExistInHere #Fluff #multiplechapteroneshots

( (()) ) °°°°°° ( (()) )

Chapter 2: Shadow Of The Past

"And then daddy tripped onto Mr. Wiggles poo!"

You paused on your strawberry cheesecake ice cream. Grabbing the nearest Baskin Robins serviette to wipe your lips, staring down at your ice cream, you sighed in relief that it wasn't chocolate flavored.

Today Cassie is home early from school, a fever that was so sudden for anyone but her father to believe it was true. Like other days Cassie is engraved with chattiness while she fills her cheeks with cheese nuggets and orange slices after. Weekly this is the place you'd go to ease your mind from work, where Scott would randomly scoop you two scoops of ice cream. As a detective, you would spend hours there with a notebook to list whatever comes to your mind, whether it is work or doodles you wouldn't want to look at days later.

"Ah, those guys never take a day off. I wish I could go back to my college days."

Scott took his cap off and waved at a couple of college boys who headed out of the shop. He takes a seat next to his daughter. Giving her a daddy frown as if her imaginary fever had subsided. Cassie giggled and fed him a bite of her nugget.

"Hey (Y/N)," he said, chewing. "Guess what, Luis had the van fixed yesterday. Boys' day out is on!"

You raised your brows, showing him you remembered what Scott told you last week about the van. Generally, you felt excited for him.

"Well, Cassie, you'll be spending a Saturday with (Y/N). Daddy will be back at night."

( (()) ) °°°°°° ( (()) )

You are surprised that Cassie doesn't need much attention and is independent. Almost like a little woman. On Saturday afternoon, you and Cassie were at a Lego store. No one except Cassie, of course, knows that you're working as a private archeologist, but you're known as a detective publicly. Further down the aisle, a shadowy figure watches both of you. You turned around to see shoppers minding their own business. Your reflections were fueling the shadowy stalker's needs as it vanishes.

Playsets of various themes were on the shelf. It sparked in your mind when you glanced at the mummy set. What if there was something about the tesseract involved in a dramatic incident the prince had to protect. It wouldn't make sense; Phil explained the other day that the cube contains a high sort of energy source. Only a 'God' could manifest such deeds. You stared blankly at the playset and slowly put it back, figuring that you should probably be working on Saturday night. Procrastination is your frenemy these days.