WorkStress!ReaderXSteveRogers

Summary 

Day to day life is tearing (Y/N) down. She longs to meet this handsome stranger at the subway.

Tags

#SliceOfLife #WorkStress #EasyRead #Life

(Y/N) trudged through the subway station after another grueling day at work. Balancing her demanding job and family responsibilities was wearing her down. The subway was her only solace, a brief respite where she could clear her mind and brace herself for the evening ahead. 

It was during these daily waits that she first met Steve Rogers. They struck up casual conversations, sharing stories about their days and laughing at the absurdity of it all. Steve’s calm demeanor and genuine interest in her life made the subway rides more bearable.

One evening, she noticed Steve wasn't at his usual spot. Days turned into weeks, and she started to miss their chats. One day, while catching up on the news, she saw a report revealing that Captain America had been spotted battling villains downtown. Her heart skipped a beat as she realized that Steve was secretly Captain America.

As fate would have it, their paths crossed again. (Y/N) was standing on the platform, waiting for the delayed subway, when she saw Steve among the crowd. Her heart leaped with a mixture of excitement and nerves. 

“Hey, stranger,” she called out with a smile.

Steve turned, his eyes lighting up as he saw her. “(Y/N)! It’s been a while.”

“Yeah, I’ve been wondering where you disappeared to,” she replied, trying to sound casual.

Steve rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “I’ve been...busy. You know, saving the world and all that.”

They both laughed, the ice broken. As they chatted, the announcement blared that the subway would be delayed indefinitely. Steve noticed her tired expression.

“Hey, how about I give you a ride home?” he offered. “I’ve got my bike just outside.”

(Y/N) hesitated for a moment but then nodded. “Sure, that sounds great.”

The ride home was exhilarating, the cool breeze and the roar of the motorcycle engine a refreshing change from her usual commute. Steve expertly navigated the streets, and they arrived at her apartment in no time.

“Thanks for the ride, Steve,” she said, climbing off the bike. “It’s much better than the subway.”

“Anytime,” Steve replied with a grin. “Maybe we can catch up more often.”

As they started meeting more regularly, (Y/N) was introduced to Steve’s world. One evening, she found herself at Steve’s place for pizza and game shows, where she met Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye.

“Hey, you must be (Y/N),” Clint said, offering a slice of pizza. “Steve’s told me a lot about you.”

“Only good things, I hope,” she replied with a laugh, taking the pizza.

Clint grinned. “Mostly good. Just kidding, he speaks very highly of you.”

They spent the evening laughing, watching game shows, and enjoying each other's company. It was a welcome break from her hectic life, and she felt herself starting to relax and enjoy the moment.

Over time, (Y/N) found herself looking forward to these gatherings. She got to know Steve better, understanding the weight he carried as both a friend and a hero. She admired his strength and resilience, and slowly, she felt a deeper connection forming between them.

One night, as they sat on Steve’s couch, the TV playing in the background, (Y/N) turned to him. “Thank you, Steve. For everything. I don’t know how I’d manage without these moments of normalcy.”

Steve smiled, his eyes warm. “You’ve been a great friend (Y/N). Sometimes, all it takes is a little companionship to make the world feel right.”

As they shared a comfortable silence, (Y/N) realized that she had found something special in Steve. He had become more than just a friend; he was a beacon of stability and hope in her chaotic life. And as they continued to navigate their own challenges, she knew that together, they could face anything the world threw at them.