How You Met (Smithsonian Edition)

Summary:
(Y/N) was sure her heart stopped beating. His features were official, but beneath that casual attire, she sensed a human being. If that was possible. Then just as she suddenly stiffened, as if she remembered that he was in uniform. This man is well concealed.

#SteveXReader #BabysittingConplications #Oreos #FruitLooms #Cheerios

(Y/N)= Your name
(H/N)= Her name.

Deep within her dream, (Y/N) was tensed. Her default mission was a failure as it seems that she's making it worse. Blood was everywhere, literally flooding itself into the snow. She huffed though icy breath, mentally convincing herself that she's converting cold air into soothing warm mists.
"Hang on!" A male voice was heard ringing through the echoes from the snowy hills.
(Y/N) was nowhere to be seen as thick snow soon covers her presence. Wide-eyed, she sprinted upright. She had goosebumps sprouting from her pores. The flashback from her nightmare seems too real to be forgotten. She stood up from her couch and headed downstairs for her cup of coffee.

 She stood up from her couch and headed downstairs for her cup of coffee

Nothing makes (Y/N) feels much better than a great morning brew. The living room was cozy, fogs from the windows were still to be seen. The rain from last midnight hasn't yet come to an end. (Y/N) spent almost five minutes channel surfing until she played her attention to the Winchester brothers. Who doesn't knows the hottest pair of 'Ghost Busters' like them even existed? who are the girls that are willing to share their fanfictions with them? What's worse, they could swoon random girls from just one episode. There is nothing needed more to explain their looks. But unfortunately, all she could remember was Dean breaking up with her.

The couch she was on was filled with blankets as she wraps up layers of bandages around her fractured arm. As a result of strict training yesterday. Thoughtfully through her morning mood, (Y/N) wondered to herself if ever she had been noticed by the avenger during working as an agent. Maybe that could be the reason why Dean left her in the first place. Her memories go back and forth as she watches her ex in action.

Only a fool would try to roll against those memories again. She turned off the television before changing her mind to use the laptop. The cold floor was terrible to lay her foot on as she shoved her toes into her sheepskin slippers and then clicking the 'refresh' button to reload her emails. Within seconds, footsteps could be heard behind the door. One sounded like heels, as the other is rather light and....squeaky and wet. (Y/N) groaned at the sudden disturbance and opened the door. Her best friend, (H/N) greeted her with Buddy delight, pulling her into a hug. Transferring her wetness unintentionally towards her. They both had been through difficult times together. Best friends since high school (H/N) proceeded her career as a lawyer and had one son. Smiling (Y/N) pulled back and adjusted her bandages awkwardly.
"Don't tell me you're here for..."
(Y/N) questioned. Already expecting the answers.

"I'll be out for a week." She flings her hair back as she speaks. Her pair of sunglasses were polished as it could be easily be seen shining. (H/N) continued as her son releases his grip. "Danny got hooked up for another business trip. This time Budapest. So if it isn't too much to handle, we will leave our son here with you." She gave (Y/N) a small notebook inside written the child's strict diet to follow. (Y/N) agreed the terms her friend told her and decided to place it onto the table next to her.

"This means everything to us that you could spend some time with---" She digs her pouch for her phone. Eventually answering the call halfway through the conversation.
At the corner of (Y/N)'s attention somewhere near to her pile of laundry, she saw who seems to be her son wandering cluelessly before placing his tiny hand above the cup of her dirty bra. Scooping g him up with her good arm she then brought him into the lounge while she went out to bring in his luggage. But just before she could reach the handle of it (H/N) had already left them all scattered. Without an umbrella (H/N) was in a rush.

"Wait!" (Y/N) struggled after the women in action. (H/N) turned and was about to enter the driver's seat.

"What's his name again?" (Y/N) called from across the street where her friend parked her car at the opposite lane.

"It's Steve!" (H/N) got into her car and headed down the road.

(Y/N) stood there for a second. Dumbfounded.

( ((✯)) )