ReaderXSteveRogers Titanic AU!

Summary:

In a Titanic AU, (Y/N) is engaged to Bucky Barnes but finds herself irresistibly drawn to Steve Rogers, a third-class passenger. As their bond deepens amidst the ship's grandeur, their secret romance faces scrutiny and heartache.

Tags:

#Titanic!AU #CaptainAmericaDoesntExistHere #Angst #LoveTriangle #BitterSweetEnding #Angst

Love Among the Waves

(Y/N) stood on the grand staircase of the RMS Titanic, the soft glow of the chandeliers illuminating her figure. The excitement of being part of the ship's maiden voyage was marred by an unsettling sense of confinement. She glanced at the sapphire ring on her finger, a symbol of her engagement to James "Bucky" Barnes, a wealthy and influential man. While Bucky was kind and charming, her heart ached with a yearning she couldn't quite place.

Bucky entered the room, his presence commanding attention. He smiled warmly at (Y/N), his eyes full of adoration. "There you are, darling. I was beginning to wonder where you'd gone off to."

She forced a smile, her thoughts far away. "Just admiring the beauty of the ship. It's truly magnificent."

As they made their way to dinner, (Y/N) couldn't shake the feeling of restlessness. Her life was laid out before her, predictable and secure, yet she longed for something more.

Steve Rogers, a third-class passenger, watched the elegant couple from a distance. He had won his ticket in a poker game, a stroke of luck that brought him aboard the Titanic. Despite his humble background, he was drawn to the grandeur of the ship and the people it carried.

Their worlds collided when (Y/N) ventured to the lower decks out of curiosity. The lively atmosphere was a stark contrast to the formalities of the upper class. She found herself captivated by the laughter and music, her spirit momentarily freed from the constraints of her engagement.

Steve noticed her and, with a charming smile, approached. "Mind if I join you?"

She hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Not at all."

Their conversation flowed effortlessly, and they quickly discovered a connection that neither could ignore. Steve's tales of adventure and resilience fascinated (Y/N), while her stories of a life filled with expectations and pressures intrigued him. They spent hours talking, laughing, and sharing their dreams, the line between their worlds blurring.

As days turned into nights, their bond deepened. They explored the ship together, finding joy in each other's company. Steve introduced her to the vibrant world of the lower decks, where they danced and laughed without a care. In return, (Y/N) showed him the elegance and beauty of the upper decks, sneaking him into a formal dinner where he charmed everyone with his genuine nature.

One evening, as the sun set over the horizon, Steve took (Y/N)'s hand and led her to the bow of the ship. "Come on, I want to show you something," he said, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

They stood together, the wind whipping through their hair as they faced the open sea. Steve stepped behind her, his hands resting on her waist. "Close your eyes and spread your arms out," he whispered.

(Y/N) obeyed, feeling the thrill of the moment. "Now open them," he said softly.

As she opened her eyes, the world seemed to stand still. The vast ocean spread out before them, and for a moment, they felt like they were flying. "I'm flying, Steve!" she exclaimed, her laughter blending with the sound of the waves.

He held her close, his heart pounding with love and admiration. "I've never felt like this before," he confessed, his voice trembling with emotion. "You've changed my life, (Y/N)."

Tears welled in her eyes as she turned to face him. "And you've changed mine, Steve. You've shown me what it means to truly live."

Their lips met in a passionate kiss, sealing their love in that magical moment. But their happiness was short-lived.

Bucky had noticed the change in (Y/N) and followed her one evening. He found them together, their love undeniable. Heartbroken and angry, he confronted them.

"What is this?" Bucky demanded, his voice trembling with emotion. "Is this why you've been so distant?"

(Y/N) stepped forward, her heart aching. "Bucky, I never meant to hurt you. But I can't deny what I feel for Steve."

Bucky's eyes softened, but the pain was evident. "I thought we had a future together."

"I'm so sorry, Bucky," she whispered, tears streaming down her face.

Before they could resolve their conflict, the unthinkable happened. The Titanic struck an iceberg, and chaos ensued. The once magnificent ship was now a scene of panic and terror.

Steve and (Y/N) found themselves caught in the frenzy, desperately trying to stay together amid the panic. "Stay with me, (Y/N). I won't let anything happen to you," Steve vowed, his grip on her hand tightening as they navigated through the frantic crowds.

As the ship began to sink, they made their way to the lifeboats, only to find them all but gone. In the freezing waters, Steve helped (Y/N) onto a floating piece of debris, keeping her safe from the icy grip of the ocean.

"I love you, Steve," she whispered, her voice weak from the cold.

"I love you too, (Y/N). Always," he replied, his eyes filled with determination and love.

Hours passed, and the cold took its toll. But even as Steve's strength waned, he kept his promise, holding her close and keeping her spirits alive with stories and dreams of a future they would share.

"Never let go, (Y/N). Live for both of us," he murmured, his voice growing weaker.

As dawn broke, a rescue ship arrived, and (Y/N) was pulled to safety. But Steve, his strength finally giving out, slipped into the icy depths, his last words a testament to his unwavering love.

As (Y/N) was pulled aboard the rescue ship, she was overcome with grief. Bucky, who had managed to survive, found her wrapped in a blanket, her eyes hollow and distant.

"(Y/N)," Bucky whispered, kneeling beside her. "I'm so sorry. I never wanted this to happen."

She looked at him, tears streaming down her face. "Bucky, he saved me. He gave his life for me."

Bucky's heart broke anew, seeing the depth of her pain. He wrapped his arms around her, offering what comfort he could. "We'll get through this together. I promise."

Years later, (Y/N) stood on the same deck where they first met, now an old woman with a lifetime of memories. She clutched a small, worn locket that held a picture of Steve, her heart still carrying the love they shared.

With a deep breath, she whispered into the wind, "I'll never let go, Steve. Thank you for showing me how to live."

As she cast the locket into the ocean, Bucky stood by her side, his arm around her shoulders. "He'll always be with you, (Y/N). And so will I."

She nodded, finding solace in Bucky's unwavering support. The ocean waves lapped gently against the ship, a reminder of the love and loss that had shaped their lives. Together, they faced the horizon, ready to embrace whatever the future held, their hearts forever intertwined with the memory of Steve Rogers.