Patient!ReaderXPsychiatrist!SteveRogers

Summary:

(Y/N) is treated by Dr. Steve Rogers in an asylum. 

Tags:

#Depression #Asylum #MentalIllness #DrRogers #Anxiety #Calm

(Y/N) sat in the stark white room of the asylum, her heart heavy with grief. The past year had been relentless, taking away her dearest grandparents and too many other loved ones. The pain was unbearable, leaving her trapped in a cycle of severe depression and trauma.

Every morning, her meals were the same: a bowl of cornflakes with milk, sprinkled with antidepressants. It was a routine meant to bring stability, but it only highlighted her helplessness. The light puzzle games provided were a futile attempt to distract her mind, but they did little to alleviate the emptiness inside.

Dr. Steve Rogers, the psychiatrist assigned to her, entered her room with a gentle smile. His own eyes bore the scars of loss—his wife Sharon and son Ian had been taken from him in a tragic accident. Despite his pain, he dedicated himself to his patients, seeing (Y/N) as someone he could help heal.

"Good morning, (Y/N). How are you feeling today?" he asked, his voice soft and reassuring.

She shrugged, not meeting his gaze. "The same."

Steve sat across from her, sensing the depth of her despair. "I know it's hard. But we're making progress, even if it doesn't feel like it."

Her mood swings had been particularly intense lately, coinciding with her menstrual cycle. Steve understood this well, having observed the pattern over the months. He adjusted her treatment plan, trying to provide as much comfort as possible.

One night, the despair became too much for (Y/N). She couldn't stand the confinement any longer and managed to slip past the night staff, making a desperate bid for freedom. The cold night air hit her like a shock, but it was quickly followed by the sound of alarms and the heavy footsteps of security guards.

Steve was among those who pursued her. When they caught up, he gently restrained her, holding her close as she struggled.

"(Y/N), please, calm down," he whispered, his voice filled with both authority and compassion. "You're safe, but you need to come back with us."

Tears streamed down her face as she sagged against him, too exhausted to fight anymore. Steve carried her back inside, sitting with her in the quiet of her room.

"You can't run away from this, (Y/N)," he said softly, brushing her hair back. "Healing takes time, and it's okay to feel lost right now. But I promise you, we're going to get through this together."

She looked up at him, seeing the sincerity in his eyes. "Do you really think I'll be okay?"

Steve nodded, his expression resolute. "I do. But it will take time, and I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. You're not alone in this."

From that night on, their bond deepened. Steve's patience and understanding became a lifeline for (Y/N), helping her navigate the turbulent waters of her emotions.

However, there were still days when the anxiety became overwhelming. One afternoon, (Y/N) sat in her room, her breathing rapid and shallow, her hands trembling. She felt like the walls were closing in, her heart pounding in her chest as if it would burst.

Steve found her like that, curled up in the corner, gasping for breath. He knelt beside her, his voice calm and steady. "Breathe with me, (Y/N). In and out, slowly. You're safe. Focus on my voice."

It took time, but his presence and his words slowly brought her back. Her breathing steadied, and the tightness in her chest began to ease. Steve stayed with her, holding her hand, grounding her in the present.

"You did great," he said softly, once she had calmed down. "It's okay to have these moments. You're going to be okay."

Through the pain and the darkness, a flicker of hope began to emerge, nurtured by the unwavering support of the man who had dedicated himself to her healing. In time, (Y/N) started to believe in the possibility of recovery, knowing that with Dr. Rogers by her side, she could find her way back to the light.