OutLaw!ReaderXSheriff!SteveRogers

Authors Note:

Now why haven't I thought of any Wild West AUs?! Here comes a piece. Get your hats on and let's go!

Credits to the rightful artist for the picture :)

Summary:

Captured by bounty hunter Bucky Barnes and held by Sheriff Steve Rogers, outlaw (Y/N) navigates betrayal, love, and redemption.

Tags:

#OutLaw!Reader #HotSheriff!Steve #BountyHunter!Bucky #WildWestTheme

Bound by Fate

The sun set over the dusty town of Shield, casting long shadows as Sheriff Steve Rogers walked through the town's central street, keeping an eye out for any trouble. The legendary outlaw gang, Hydra, had recently caused chaos, and the town was still recovering. Steve's sharp eyes, however, were more concerned with a particular prisoner back in his office—(Y/N), the adopted sister of Brock Rumlow, known as Crossbones.

Captured by Bucky Barnes, the bounty hunter, (Y/N) was now in a cell awaiting interrogation. Her brother and the gang had left her behind, a betrayal that stung deeply. Despite her outlaw status, (Y/N) had a heart of gold, something Steve found increasingly difficult to ignore.

He entered his office, removing his hat and wiping the sweat from his brow. His gaze fell on (Y/N), who sat cross-legged on the cot in her cell, her eyes defiantly meeting his.

"So, are you ready to talk?" Steve asked, trying to sound authoritative, though he was already intrigued by her resilience.

She smirked. "About what? The weather?"

Steve sighed, his frustration mixed with a begrudging admiration. "We know you were with Hydra. Tell me about their plans."

(Y/N) shrugged. "Maybe I will, maybe I won't."

As the days passed, (Y/N) made friends with Scott, another prisoner known for his light fingers and a heart just as big. Scott shared stories of his daughter, and (Y/N) felt a growing need to help him reunite with her. Meanwhile, she couldn't help but notice Steve popping pills. One day, curiosity got the better of her.

"What are those for?" she asked, pointing to the pills he was about to swallow.

Steve glared at her. "None of your business."

"Must be serious if you're taking them so often," she retorted, eyes narrowing in concern.

He ignored her, pocketing the pills and locking his office. Nights were quiet, save for the sound of Steve sketching by the dim light of a lantern. She observed him, noting his talent and the sadness in his eyes.

"Why didn't you become an artist?" she asked one night.

Steve looked up, surprised by the genuine curiosity in her voice. "My father wanted me to be sheriff."

"That's a shame," she replied softly. "You're good at it."

One particularly dark night, the peace was shattered by gunfire. Steve burst into his office, collapsing onto the floor, blood seeping from a gunshot wound. He reached for his pills, but they were scattered beyond his reach. His breaths came in short, painful gasps.

"Steve!" (Y/N) cried, her hands gripping the bars of her cell. "Let me help you!"

He shook his head, struggling to breathe. "No... I can't trust you."

Scott, desperate, urged Steve. "Let her out, Sheriff. She can save you!"

With great effort, Steve unlocked (Y/N)'s cell. She rushed to his side, finding the pills and helping him swallow them. As his breathing steadied, he looked up at her, gratitude and vulnerability in his eyes.

"Thank you," he whispered, and she simply nodded, holding his hand tightly.

Weeks passed, and a fragile trust blossomed between them. Their nights were filled with quiet conversations, their days with cautious hope. But the town wasn't as forgiving. Rumors spread about their growing closeness, and many residents opposed their bond.

"People here don't understand," Steve said one evening, sitting beside (Y/N) on the porch. "But I do. I see who you really are."

Before she could respond, a rider galloped into town, breathless. "Sheriff! Hydra's coming!"

The town braced for the assault. Steve, weakened but resolute, stood by (Y/N)'s side as they faced the Hydra gang. The battle was fierce, bullets flying and dust swirling. (Y/N) fought bravely, her love for Steve fueling her determination.

In the chaos, she spotted Brock aiming at Steve. With a cry, she leaped in front of the sheriff, taking the bullet meant for him. Steve's roar of fury and grief echoed through the town as he fought off the remaining outlaws with a ferocity born of love and rage.

The battle ended with Hydra's defeat. Steve cradled (Y/N) in his arms, her wound severe but not fatal. "Why did you do that?" he asked, tears in his eyes.

"Because I love you," she whispered, her voice weak but steady.

Days later, as she recovered, the town's mayor, Nick Fury, made a surprising announcement. "(Y/N), for your bravery and loyalty, I hereby appoint you Deputy of Shield Town."

Steve, by her side, smiled proudly. "Welcome to the team, Deputy."

As they began their new lives together, their bond grew stronger, forged in the fires of battle and the depths of love. Together, they protected Shield Town, their hearts united against all odds.