Anxiety!ReaderXSteveRogers

Author's Note:

It has come to my attention that there are many types of anxiety, and what surprises me is that sales anxiety is actually quite a thing, so here comes the fanfic.

Summary:

(Y/N) has anxiety and depression. She experiences episodes of anxiety, feels stuck, and struggles with the pressures of her job, especially when sales are not doing well.

Tags:

#Life #Sales #MentalHealthAwareness #AnxietyAndDepression #ComfortSteveRogers #SoftRead

The weight of the world seemed to press down on you as you stared at the disappointing sales reports. No matter how hard you worked, it felt like your efforts were never enough. Anxiety twisted your stomach, and the familiar darkness of depression crept in, making it hard to breathe. You wanted to cry, but the tears wouldn’t come. You felt stuck, overwhelmed by a sense of helplessness.

As you sat at your desk, struggling to find a way out of the suffocating fog, your phone buzzed with a message. It was from Steve Rogers, your friend and confidant.

Steve: Hey, (Y/N). How’s your day going?

You hesitated for a moment before replying, unsure if you wanted to burden him with your troubles. But you knew Steve would understand.

You: Not great, Steve. Sales are down, and I’m feeling really anxious and down about it. I don’t know what to do.

His response was almost immediate.

Steve: I’m on my way. Hang in there.

You took a deep breath, feeling a small glimmer of relief. If anyone could help you through this, it was Steve. True to his word, he arrived at your apartment within minutes. The sight of his comforting smile and steady presence immediately made you feel a little better.

“Hey,” he said gently, stepping inside. “Talk to me. What’s going on?”

You took a shaky breath and explained everything—how hard you’d been working, the disappointing sales, and how it was all weighing on you. “I feel like I’m failing, Steve. I work so hard, but it never seems to be enough. And I’m so anxious and depressed. I just... I can’t seem to get out of this hole.”

Steve listened intently, his blue eyes filled with concern and empathy. When you finished, he reached out and placed a reassuring hand on your shoulder. “(Y/N), I’m sorry you’re going through this. It’s okay to feel overwhelmed. But you’re not alone. I’m here for you.”

You nodded, feeling a lump rise in your throat. “I just don’t know what to do. I feel stuck.”

Steve gave your shoulder a gentle squeeze. “First, let’s take a deep breath together. In through the nose, out through the mouth.” He guided you through a few calming breaths, and you felt a bit of the tension begin to ease.

“Good,” he said, smiling. “Now, I want you to remember something: you are incredibly strong and capable. I’ve seen it firsthand. Sometimes things don’t go as planned, but that doesn’t mean you’re failing. It just means you’re facing a challenge.”

You looked at him, searching for the confidence he seemed to have in abundance. “But what if I can’t overcome it?”

Steve shook his head. “You can, and you will. Trust me. I know what it’s like to feel unsure and overwhelmed. I was a shy kid who could barely speak up for himself. But I learned to face my fears and build my confidence. It wasn’t easy, but it was worth it.”

He paused, his gaze thoughtful. “How about this? Why don’t we take on a few challenges together? Something outside of your comfort zone, but manageable. We can build your confidence step by step. I’ll be with you every step of the way.”

You felt a flicker of hope at his words. “You really think that will help?”

Steve nodded. “Absolutely. You’re stronger than you know, (Y/N). Let’s start small and work our way up. Together.”

Over the next few weeks, Steve took you on various “missions.” Some were simple, like speaking up in meetings or trying new things at work. Others were more adventurous, like rock climbing or volunteering for challenging tasks. Each time, he was there, offering encouragement and support.

One evening, after a particularly challenging day, you both sat on a rooftop, looking out over the city. “You did great today,” Steve said, nudging your shoulder.

You smiled, feeling a sense of accomplishment. “Thanks, Steve. I couldn’t have done it without you.”

He shook his head. “You had it in you all along. I just helped you see it.”

As you looked at the city lights, you realized how much you’d grown. The anxiety and depression were still there, but they were more manageable now. You felt stronger, more capable of facing whatever came your way.

Steve turned to you, his expression serious but kind. “(Y/N), you’ve made incredible progress. I’m proud of you. And remember, I’m always here for you, no matter what.”

You nodded, feeling a deep sense of gratitude. “Thank you, Steve. For everything.”

He smiled, and in that moment, you knew you could face any challenge, as long as you had friends like Steve by your side.