Neighbor!ReaderXSteveRogers

Summary:

(Y/N) and Steve Rogers, neighbors in an apartment building, bond over their weekly encounters in the laundry room. 

Tags:

#WFH!Reader #Awkward #hackedWebCam #Steve'sperfectbody

--- ☆ ---

(Y/N) always looked forward to the rare occasions when she would run into Steve Rogers in their apartment building. As Captain America, he was often away, busy with his Avenger duties, but once a week, their paths would cross in the laundry room or the elevator. 

Steve, despite his imposing stature and heroic reputation, seemed out of place in the modern world. She couldn’t help but chuckle the first time she saw him struggling to operate the washing machine. He fumbled with the buttons, his brow furrowed in concentration.

“Need some help?” she offered, trying not to sound too amused.

Steve turned, a sheepish smile on his face. “Yeah, I guess you could say I’m a bit behind on these things.”

As they worked together, (Y/N) found herself drawn to his kindness and old-fashioned charm. He was always polite, his smiles were genuine, and he made her feel at ease.

One day, while working on her laptop, (Y/N) received a security alert about a potential virus. She quickly traced the source and realized it was coming from Steve’s desktop. Her eyes widened when she accidentally opened his camera feed and saw Steve, shirtless, sitting at his desk. Thank God it was a recorded footage.

Her face turned beet red, and she quickly closed the feed without spilling her smoothie all over the keyboard. could she possibly tell him about this without dying of embarrassment? After a few agonizing moments, she decided to send him an anonymous note, explaining the situation and suggesting he run a security check.

A few days later, Steve caught her in the hallway. “I got this strange note about a virus on my computer. Do you know anything about that?”

(Y/N) bit her lip, her cheeks flushing. “Um, yeah, I might’ve noticed it and thought I’d warn you. I hope you don’t mind.”

Steve gave her a reassuring smile. “Not at all. Thanks for the heads-up. I’m not great with tech, so I appreciate it.”

Months passed, and their weekly encounters became the highlight of (Y/N)’s week. They talked more, shared more, and slowly, their friendship deepened into something more. It was during a quiet evening in the laundry room that Steve finally mustered the courage to ask her out.

“You know, I really enjoy our little chats,” he said, his blue eyes warm. “How about we make it a real date? Dinner, maybe?”

(Y/N)’s heart skipped a beat. “I’d love that, Steve.”

From that moment on, they didn’t just share the laundry room or the elevator. They shared their lives, building a love that was as strong and steady as the man himself.