Chapter 27: First Time Drunk

Heather's P.O.V:

The warm water hits my shoulders making all the hairs on my back stick up. I tilt my head up and let the water hit my face.  I scrub some soap onto my legs and begin to shave them. Once I was done I decide to put some shampoo and conditioner in to wash my hair. 

My head is throbbing. I can feel my pulse in my head. So messed up.

The memories of what happened earlier this night flood my head. The looks on our faces, glancing from one face to the other trying to read their expression. I recall the whole scene in my head.

Ealier that night:

I sit slightly waiting for Luke to have his turn in the game. I'm between Skip and Beau eiher side of me, directly across from me is Jai, then beside him is Luke and James. 

"Hurry up Luke" I think to myself.

"I have never had a crush on anyone in this circle" he says with a quirky smile. 

I didn't even take any notice at how silent everything went, I was sort of oblivious to it all because I was just laughing at Luke's smile. I was struck when I saw hands rise to their mouths.

I looked around the circle, some chewing when I looked around to them. 

I looked around to my left. 1...................2..........3

Luke gasped and my attention focused striaght on him. "I have never had a crush on anyone in this circle" Luke words repeated inside my head. 

"Wait that means...." I thought aloud. All eyes were now on me. They all liked me?  Skip really? I was surprised.

I looked straight at Beau. "Since you were sixteen and still to this day" He said with a goofy smile. My head then turned to Skip.

"Um I think it was Beau's fourteenth birthday, I dont remember much, it went on for about what 2 weeks, then you cracked an egg on my head and yeah you were like my sister"

Then I turned to Jai. All eyes were focused on him. He slouched back.

I was gobsmacked.

More than shocked.

"Ugh....Umm" He began.

"If you lie water is thrown on you" Luke said excitedly.

"I ugh...stopped in the morning" he said softely but we were all silent so we all heard him loud and clear. 

Morning meaning this morning? No it couldn't be.

"I uhm started 2 weeks before You and Beau were going out" he confessed.

Wow!

I might have gasped I'm not sure. Jai, my best friend Jai had a crush on me this whole time, this whole time I have been oblivious to it. I've been ranting to the poor guy about how much I love his brother and I didn't once ask how he felt. I mean your best friend dating your brother. 

I didn't know what to say. It was completly silent, you could hear a needle drop.

"Okay" Beau said clearing his throat. Honestly I was so surprised that no one else was as shocked as I was, I was surprised Beau didn't beat him up.

Wait. 

That means Jai lied to me, He said he didn't like me in that way. I believed him.

He lied to me.

That's the thing that got me the most, I was flattered and really shocked that he liked me and I had no clue about it, but my best friend lied to my face.