Breaking point (R.K)

a/n: tumblr request 👍

Reki jolts when your head thumps against his chest, spluttering in confusion when you wrap your arms around his waist

"Are you okay?" He asks, placing his arms around your shoulders. "You failed an exam?" Reki asks, he could barely hear your mumble. You're never this quiet.

He hums a quiet tune when you don't say anything more, hugging you tight against him, while he slowly sways you back and forth. "It's alright." He soothes, "I'm sure you did your best." He starts to rub his hand up and down your back. "Whether you pass or fail, I'll still be proud of you."

Something in your heart breaks the moment he finishes speaking. He feels your fingers clutching onto the fabric of his hoodie, and panics when your shoulders begin to shake.

"Y/n?" He fretted, trying to get a look at your face. His hands are waving around him in a panic when he hears you sniffle.

"Sorry." You say after a moment, hiding your face from him. "Everything's been going wrong lately," Reki frowns, smoothing his hand down your back once more. "You always seem to make me feel better though."

Reki looks at you with a soft smile, lifting your head gently to look at you. "I'm glad I could help." He says, thumbing your tears away. "I'm always gonna be here."

A/n: i wrote for reki too much, lol