Take It Slow (R.K)

warnings: mentions blood for a brief moment. unfinished ending.

"Okay," Reki says, hands hovering above your waist. "Let's try dropping in now."

Your gaze shifts between Reki and the decline in front of you. It'll be fine, You thought, shaking your hands out. Reki does this all the time plus worse stuff.

"Alright, I'll try to catch you this first time if you fall, okay?" His voice is quiet, gentle. Like he knows you're nervous just by the way you stand. "You'll be great."

"Okay," you nodded, trusting his word. The back of your board was held snug against the edge of the ramp, your front foot shifting slowly to the tongue of the board. "Okay."

The moment your weight was set on the front of the board, it flew under you, Reki acting fast to catch you before you fell with it.

His arms held you up by your armpits, pulling you to sit on the edge. "Well," he says with a huff, "That could've gone better."

You frowned at the face he gave you, sympathetic and masking dissatisfaction. Determination set course through your veins, whether trying to prove yourself or impress him, you were going to nail this.

Reki stutters when you slide down the ramp and collect your board before climbing back up, watching with nervous eyes as you line up again.

He cursed himself when you fell, knees scraping against the concrete, watching helplessly as you scurry to sit upright on your bottom.

The moment he hears a sniffle he's sliding down, moving to sit in front of you. "Y/n, hey look at me," he tries to grab your attention, but you're only focused on your knees, blood slowly trickling down. "I'll clean you up, don't worry."

Reki runs away to his backpack, rummaging through it and yelling out in triumph when he snags the first aid kit. When he returns to your side, he's not surprised you're trying to hide your tears, or that you're even trying to stand upright again.

"Y/n, sweetheart it's fine." You turn your head to him at the pet name, a frown etched on your face. "No one's going to get that down on the first go."

His hands move to your waist when he sees your legs tremble, gently moving you to sit back on the ground. You watch carefully as he takes out antiseptic, tissues, and a box of bandages.

As if he sensed your panic the moment he drenched a tissue in alcohol, he offered his hand, pressing a chaste kiss to yours when you took it.

He counts down from three, whispering quiet praises when he pressed the tissue to your knee. It's silent the rest of the time he cleans and bandages your wound. You know he has a question on the tip of his tongue but you don't prompt it, waiting for him to say it on his own.

"Why'd you do it?"

There it is.

You shrug, "I just thought I could." Your fingers pick at the bandaid he'd put on the lower part of your knee, stopping when his fingers circle your wrist.

"I know you don't like fast motions, that's why I wanted us to go slow," Reki says quietly, messing with your fingers. "You don't have to rush this, okay? You can take all the time you need."

"Yeah," you agree, looking down at the bandages. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize," He shakes his head, craning his neck to look you in the eyes. He gives a soft smile, rubbing his thumb over your knuckles. "You were eager, I understand."

You hum, moving to slump against him. "Thanks, Reki."

His arms circle your shoulders, rubbing your back slowly. "Of course," he pressed a chaste kiss to your head. "I love you."