Confession (R.K)

A/n: this is a scrapped confession scene from loverboy, I liked it but I also haven't read it since I wrote it :) apologies in advance if there's any mistakes. I will say now that it is very similar to "Home" (a previous fic in this book)

warnings; episode 10 events?? I think it was 10, i can't remember, when reki gets in that fight.

The bag in your hand drops with a shatter when you see familiar tufts of red, he's slumped against the wall staring at nothing when you run to him

"Reki." You whispered, tilting his chin up so he'd look at you. "What happened to you?"

He only blinks tiredly at you, he can't think of an excuse. He knows if he'd told you the truth you'd go awol and try to find the guys yourself. What you'd do after that is beyond his imagination.

He keeps quiet. There's a flurry of emotions raging in his mind, he can barely remember what he was doing before he ran into the three guys.

Reki brings his palms up to his eyes, breathing out a groan.

"I really like you, Y/n." Reki says, his voice is strained from the frustration with himself. He doesn't know why he's confessing to you now of all times, bloodied and bruised, he's in his most pathetic state he could imagine.

So why now?

You shake your head, "No, don't say that." You can feel tears well in your eyes when he looks at you, your fist clenching the fabric of his shirt tightly. "I'm mad at you right now, you can't say that."

He breathed out a shaky breath at your answer, scooting himself up against the wall. He blinks up to prevent his own tears from falling, this really is the most pathetic thing ever.

"You need to come home, Reki." He gulps at the tone of your voice, you sound so desperate, like you're willing to fight anyone and anything just to get him back.

He doesn't understand why.

"I don't know what's been going on with you lately, no one can even seem to guess why you aren't showing up, even our classmates at school are starting to ask me what's wrong." Your grip on him loosens as you physically deflate in front of him, you're so defeated. "I don't know what to tell them. It's like they're depending on me to try to figure you out like I'm some sort of mind reader."

Reki feels his tears fall when he sees your face.

"I need to know if you're okay, Reki. You promised me you'd tell me if there was anything bothering you."  Reki holds his breath when your hands reach up to his face, it hurts. "You promised me."

He sits up quickly, a mistake on his part because he has to dismiss the sharp pain in his abdomen, and pulls you into him. One of his arms circles around your waist, the other around your shoulders, it's the best way he could hold you as physically close to him as possible. It hurts.

"I'm sorry." He breathes out shakily. He chants it like a mantra, he wants you to know he truly means it, it's the only way he knows how.

Your hands are placed cautiously around his waist, he feels closer to you now than ever before. "You need to come home." You restate, gripping onto his shirt.

Reki tucks his head into your neck, you can feel the wet tears dripping onto your skin, and you can feel his lips move against it. "I'm here." Is all he says.

He repeats it again, just to make sure you heard him. This time, he adds two simple words, neither holding any value to either of you, just one's that stated the obvious.

"I'm home."