Home (R.K)

I need to write for someone other than reki, favoritism is really showing- also congrats, you folks get special access bc I haven't posted this to tumblr yet.

Warnings: spoilers for episode 10, mentions blood... tiny angst parts. Cursing. (Is ass a curse?)

"Come home safe, okay?"

Your voice and sweet smile filled Reki's mind, his hand trembling as it reached up to his neck, tugging on the headband around it.

"I don't like seeing you hurt, Reki."

He clenches his teeth at the sharp pain in his ribs when he moves, lying still against the wall letting out a frustrated grunt, fist pounding against the brick wall beside him.

"I'm running out of bandages for you, Reki."

Your laugh rings throughout his head, a small smile on his face, his eyes fluttering shut at the sound. He's content with staying like this, beaten and bruised, struggling to breathe against the wall, his blood staining against his cheek.

If you were here with him you would've beaten their asses to a pulp.

But, he remembers you're not by his side anymore. For the time being at least, it's his fault. He's pushed you aside just like he did with everyone else, he's avoided you to no ends at school and on the streets.

He still received your texts, the good mornings, the good nights, and the I love you's. On some days, he'd only read them, on others he wouldn't open them at all, and on the best of days even in his slump, he'd send them back.

"Reki."

He blinks, eyes fluttering open, staring up at the looming figure above him.

"Hey now, Reki." Your eyes meet his, the same shine from before never left, your soft gaze that looked at him never changed. You were right in front of him, staring back at him in the dark alley, chattering, and bustling coming from the street ahead.

"Y/n." His voice is quiet, hand reaching for your face.

Your brows furrow, finger brushing against his cheek. "What happened, Reki?"

He looks to the side, scratching his cheek. "Would you believe me if I said I tripped?"

"Well, probably but if you're saying that I have no reason to believe it."

He nods, "okay, I tripped into three guys I used to skate with and kind of...got jumped."

He wished he could've made up a lie, turning away when your eyes light up in rage. Your fingers grip at his chin, turning his head to make him face you. He gulps at your gaze, staring back at you with nervous eyes.

"Reki."

"Yeah."

"Are you in any pain right now?"

He blinks at your question, despite your gaze, your voice is soft- so filled with love he wonders how you can be so mad yet so concerned at the same time.

"A little bit, but it's fine." He answered, hands coming up to hold your face. "I missed you, I'm sorry."

Your hand clasped over his, thumb rubbing over his bruised knuckles. "I missed you too. But reki, you don't need to apologize to me, the others maybe but not me. I'll always understand."

He nods, not knowing what to respond with. "Y/n?" You hum. "Can we go home?"

You smile at him, brushing the hair away from his forehead, placing a kiss there. "Yeah, let's go home."