4 Months| Chapter 30

Stephanie's pov:

Waking up today I knew something was off. Mentally and physically. I've been feeling this way for months and I really have no clue what's going on. I kiss jonathan on the cheek who continues to sleep. I grab my phone and call the doctors. If they know what's wrong, I can live again.

Jonathan walks in and hugs me from behind. Smiling and turning around and kissing him. "Hey I'm going to the doctors. Ok. I'll be at the game a little late" I say. He nods and asks me "want me to go" I shake my head. "Besides you kinda need the exercise. I mean look at your ass" I say smirking. He laughs and kisses me nose. He then leaves for practice.

Sighing and looking around our home. We just moved to Hinsdale right by coach Q. I start to take things out the boxes. I finish an hour later with the living room.

Looking at the clock, it read 4:30. Jonthan and I had a late night, from dinner. He was out of time for my birthday, on the 30th of Janurary and not got the chance to go. It's about April, and Spring is finally coming in Chicago. Still cool days, maybe that is what's bothering me so much.

Grabbing my keys, and phone and walking out towards the car. Hopping in the car, and driving towards the doctors.

"Don't Stop Believing" I sing on the way there. Finally pulling in the doctors office. Getting out and walking in.

Grabbing the sign-in sheet and writing "Stephanie Wisnieski"

Sitting down and grabbing my calender and looking at free days, when I can go visit my mom. It's getting tough with playoffs coming up, and filming some last episodes.

"Stephanie" The nurse calls me in. Smiling and replieing "hi"

"so what has been the issue?" She asks.

"I've been feeling really weird lately. I know something is not right."

I say.

She nods and asks for a urine sample. I finish doing that and she asks a few more questions.

"Do you drink a lot?" I reply "Once or twice week." Meaning a wine of glass mixed with water.

"Are you sexualy active?" I nod yes. "last time was Janurary 24th. So I guess not." she nods.

"I'll be right back" she says taking the cup.

"Ms Wisknieksi" she says beaming. Smiling back. "We have some great news. your pregnant." she says. "What? !" "There is a small problem though" she says. Instantly anxiety come saver me. "Your child may or may not have a light case of sickle cell amenia. Since you have a light case. We need to be postitive. If there is we need to remove some of the fluid." she says.

"Did I do it? Please. Did i?" I ask crying. She nods no. "It's genetic. So don't worry. Because you drink very lightly. There won't be any more complications"

"When do we do it?" I ask. "Well since you didn't know you were pregnant, we were not able to detect this before. We suggest it now. Before it's to late" She says. Nodding and laying on the little chair next to the sonogram. "We are first going to do an ultrasound. Then check to see if there is fluid around the baby" She says. Nodding and lifting my shirt. "It may be cold. Just so you know" She says smiling. "Don't they all say that and it turns out to be cold" I say. She laughs.

"Ok I see a little discomfort. There is fluid. We are going to have to get some liquid out. To let the baby breath." She says. "Am I able to get the sex of the baby" I ask. She nods. "It's a.. little boy." She says. Smiling and thinking of Jonathan. Oh crap his game. "Will I be able to go to the hawks game?" I ask feeling my anxiety again. She smiles and nods. "You will be sore, but still able to have some fun" I nod and relieved. "Thankyou" I say after she takes out the picture of Jon's and I baby boy. "Make sure you tell him tonight. Exspecially after the win. All hockey wives that come through here, the fathers are so happy" She says before walking out.