*Chapter 3-Pictures*

"Is that loser actually waving at you?" Alice had asked me. "Um....No?" I said. "Yeah, he is!" Alice said, laughing. "Come on!" I said. We did our routine and had ended it with me on top of the pyramid. That's when I noticed Jonathan taking pictures of me with his stupid little camera. I just ignored him. Later that day, I was back over at his house to work on our project when I asked him about the pictures. "What were you doing taking pictures of me this morning during the pep rally?" I asked him. "It was just for the yearbook and it was a picture of all of you." Jonathan said. "Stop being so paranoid." "Oh... Sorry." I said. "But then why did you wave at me when I told you not to?!" "Just to get your attention for the picture." Jonathan said. I sighed as I started to look through my backpack for my book that I checked out form the library. "Oh damn it. I left my book based on our project in my locker!" I said looking in my backpack. "Come here." Jonathan said. Then, he moved his book from his lap to the coffee table. "We'll share mine." "Thanks." I said as I moved towards him on the couch and when I did, our fingers brushed against each other and when they did, I immediately got butterflies in my stomach. Then, I noticed Jonathan leaning in towards me as if he was going to kiss me! "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I exclaimed, leaning away from him. "You have some sweater fuzz in your hair." Jonathan said, pulling it out of my hair. "Oh...Thanks." I said. "You look really pretty today." Jonathan said to me softly. " I mean, you always look pretty but today you just look a lot prettier than you usually do." "I do?" I asked him as I felt myself blush a little. "Yeah..." Jonathan told me with a small smile. Then, he leaned in again like he was going to try to kiss me again! "Well, I think that maybe I should go now!" I said jumping up, grabbing my backpack. "Wait!" Jonathan said, also getting up. "Would you maybe like to stay for dinner?" Jonathan asked me. "No. I'm sorry. I really can't." I said. "But thank you anyways." Then, I left before he could say anything else to me. On my way home, I kept thinking about Jonathan. About how I blushed when he called me pretty... It was weird. I don't like him in a crush way at all so why am I blushing when he calls me pretty and why did I feel butterflies when our fingers brushed against each other?! Popular people like other popular people, not losers! I can't like him and I know that I don't!