*Chapter 5-First Kiss*

The following week at school, our project was due and then prom was the day after and Jonathan and I got an A! "We got an A!" Jonathan said. "I know!" I said, happily. "So...It was nice working with you..." Jonathan said. "Yeah..." I told him with a small smile. "So, I guess were not going to be hanging out together anymore after prom?" Jonathan asked. "I don't know...I mean. We're definitely friends." I told him. "So, we can still hang out?" Jonathan asked me. "Maybe..." I said. "Really? I mean, what about your reputation?" Jonathan asked. "Oh, I definitely care about that..We can still hang out but outside of school and only at your house." I said. "Uh, yeah. Okay." Jonathan said."How about tonight?" He had asked me. "We could watch a movie or just hang out and listen to some music or something." "Honestly, that sounds great...I'd actually like that." I said. "Okay. What type of movies and music do you like?" Jonathan had asked me. "Well, I'm actually a big fan of horror movies and for music, I actually like KISS, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Mötley Crüe, Poison, Def Leppard, Queen, AC/DC, Bon Jovi, Van Halen and that kind of stuff." I said. Jonatahan gave me a weird look. "What? I like rock music." I said. "You're just a lot different than the other cheerleaders." Jonathan told me. "Yeah... They don't know about my movie or music prefrences." I told him. Later on that night, we were just at his place and we we're listening to music when Jonathan did try to lean in and kiss me again after an awkward silence had occured and I let him! Jonathan was actually a good kisser and I actually found myself kissing him back! "That was unexpected..." I said. "Yeah...That was unexpected on your part,too." Jonathan said. "I wasn't expecting you to kiss me back, honestly." "Yeah..." I said blushing a little bit. "Yeah... So, I really like you, honestly, and I really would love to take you out sometime other than prom." Jonathan told me. "Oh...Um, sure." I told him. "Why not?" I asked him. "Okay." Jonathan said. "What should we do?" "If you're thinking dinner or a drive-in movie, then it needs to be out of town." I told him. "Do you not want to be seen with me?" Jonathan asked. "NO!" I told him. "It's not that. I just need a way to explain to people who see us together, why we're out together." Jonathan sighed. "Please...If you really like me, then you'll understand." I said. "And if you really like me like I thought you did, then you wouldn't feel the need to go to different cities for us to have a date." Jonathan said. "It's just my reputation." I told him. "So your reputation is more important to you than what I thought was going on here between us?" Jonathan asked. "Between us?!" I exclaimed. "I'm sorry. Did that one kiss make you think that we were going to get married, have babies and live happily ever after?! I'm only agreeing to these 'dates', and prom, as friend type stuff. Nothing romantic!" I said as I grabbed my keys, my purse and I left.