Chapter 7 - Family Time

Around five that morning, Tara wakes up with her phone buzzing to get up and ready for the day. She looks over at Cory and notices that he's sleeping soundly. Unwilling to disturb him, Tara slips from the bed, leaving a note for Cory, then heads for her office to look over the sales reports and deposits for the restaurant for the books. Rocco's Little Slice of Italy has been her life since she graduated from community college with her degree in management and culinary arts.

"Finally! Everything looks good, and profits are going up. If this keeps up, they may finally be able to afford a second location. God, I wish I could find a job like this back in RiverCreek. I miss seeing mom every day and my friends."

After the reports are saved and sent to the owners, Tara gets up to get ready for a shower. The noise she makes shuffling through drawers brings Cory out of his deep sleep. Shaking loose the cobwebs, Cory hears the water for the shower and tries to get his clothes together to join Tara in a hot shower.

"Good morning. Do you have room in there for me?" Cory calls out from the door.

"You know better than to ask. Would I have bought a house that didn't have a big enough shower for you and me?" Tara begins, "Get in here and hold me!"

In no time, Cory gets undressed and slides behind the curtain, and sees Tara under the water staring at him, "Come here! I can't wait on slow any longer!" Tara says with lust in her eyes.

"God, it's about time!" Cory says but stops before they collide under the water, "Ugh! We can't, not yet anyway; we need to get cleaned up and spend time with our son. So, hand me the soap, and let's get cleaned up and back on the road to RiverCreek."

Tara moans and groans with her lower lip pushed out. She's disappointed but understands that things need to stay on course, but hearing Cory suggests doing things as a family makes her appreciate him even more. Turned around under the water, Tara picks up her body wash and quickly gets showered. Cory waits his turn and doesn't waste time getting showered. Tara takes her time blow-drying her hair with a towel wrapped around her body. The last thing she does is lather up with lotions and body oils, then gets dressed in a pair of Le Petite jeans that slide over her thong that matches her bra and puts on her favorite Mustang t-shirt.

"When did you become a Mustang fan?" Cory asks after he's dressed.

"I've always loved Ford vehicles. Yeah, I know, I drive a Kia, but if I had it my way, I'd have a really nice Ford Explorer, or maybe once CJ is a little older, I'd buy a Mustang. I don't know; maybe I'll get the things I want one day," Tara says in a depressive way.

Ready and packed to return home, Cory follows Tara to his mother's house, where they spend time with CJ until mid-afternoon. CJ doesn't want to say goodbye, but Tara gets him ready, and once he's fastened in his car seat, she looks back and waves to Cory. He returns the wave and stands there until they're out of sight.

His mother looks at him and pats the couch cushion inside the living room. Cory takes a seat beside his mother to spill the details of his night with Tara, "We had fun last night. She surprised me with the same dinner she made the first time I met her dad, and we talked and danced. It was a night we needed. I still love her mom; I don't know how after being apart for years, but I feel the same way about Tara as I did in high school."

"That girl is a true treasure, it's true, and she has such a large heart for others," Lorraine says.

Cory agrees with a nod and takes his leave. Cory spends the rest of the day texting Tara, but while they're texting, she asks Cory if he would care to take CJ the following weekend since she has to work and would like him to spend time with their son.

I'll bring everything you need. Clothes, travel toothbrush, CJ will need his booster seat. I'm going to miss him like crazy, but I'm happy to know you're getting to know him. – Tara Rose