Chapter 30 - Is She Guilty or Crazy?

Within hours of being taken into custody, Sierra demands to have an attorney present. While they sit and wait for one to be appointed to represent her best interest, the police stockpile pages of text and GPS pings to bring into their Interrogation. The detectives attached to the case watch from the other side of the glass with the microphones turned off to allow Sierra and her attorney time to get acquainted.

"Okay, Miss Lyons, I need to ask what your involvement in this case is? I've followed the news, but I must know if they offer any kind of deal should it be considered in your best interest."

Sierra locks eyes with the blond-haired, blue eyes her attorney has and begins to feel an attraction to him, "Um, Mr. Stocker, you're kind of hot," she says before she realizes it, "Wow, you're totally hotter than my ex," she continues as she observes the slender body of her attorney.

"Okay, um, I'm flattered, but I'm married with children. Now, back to your case, we need to discuss options if they come in here with a fully loaded deck."

After a shrug of her shoulders, Sierra seems like she could care less, "Okay, so what, you're married. That makes it even better, which means you won't be nothing more than a glorified booty-call, and you're fertile. I want a child, so can we discuss that later? I want one, but my dead ex-boyfriend didn't, and I tried to seduce Cory, the guy's soon-to-be mother-in-law who was attacked, but he resisted me, and I don't do rejection. I get what I want when I want it and who I want. You have good genes; you're a fucking drop-dead gorgeous man, and I want that for my child. So, when you get me off, then you can take me somewhere to truly make me get off."

Blown away by her actions, Mr. Stocker sits there, unable to gather his thoughts for a moment. Yet, he's well aware that detectives are eagerly waiting to push forward with their investigation to close this case as soon as possible.

"Miss Lyons, please control yourself, or I will excuse myself as your council. Now, is that a confession that you helped to facilitate the stocking and execution of Ms. Rose being attacked?"

"Okay, if you say so, handsome. Whatever Evan did was done because he had a bad temper. All I told him was I got hit on by Cory when we worked together, and he wanted to screw my brains out, but when his little girlfriend found out, she had someone jump me. Whatever Evan did after that was done on his own. I had no part of doing with any of it. If they offer me a deal that means I don't go to jail or prison, I'll take it. It'll make me hotter to guys when I get out. A bad girl for some nasty boy toys," Sierra explains while she wiggles in the seat.

Still unable to get a straight answer, Mr. Stocker turns to wave at the officers and detectives behind the glass to come into the room to begin their questioning. Once the two detectives enter the room and take a seat, they offer up a deal to try to tilt the scale.

"It's nice to meet you again, Nathan," Detective Mullers says, "Miss Lyons, I'm Detective Mullers, and this is my partner Detective Abrams. Our sympathy for the loss of your boyfriend, Evan Lamps."

"Whatever. Evan was a dumbass!"

Unexpecting that response, Detectives Mullers, and Abrams try to act coy and collected. They look at Mr. Stocker, who is giving them their undivided attention.

"Okay, well, we have a deal to give you right out of the gate. If you agree to this scenario, we will seek leniency when bringing you in front of the Grand Jury," Detective Mullers pauses to give Mr. Stocker time to listen closely, "So, the way we see it, Evans Lamps made a decision to seek revenge while you fueled his fury. You were shot down by your advances to Cory Dubois and played it off that you switched the roles to get Evan on your side to come after Cory. When it all went wrong, you knew the heat was coming, so you tried to get out of dodge, which is when you were arrested and brought her. Now, we can play it that simple, or if you refuse the deal, we can play it like this. Detective Abrams, would you like to show our guests the evidence we have against her."