5: Suicide or Homicide?

I pulled out from Seojun's embrace but not completely because his hands were still wrapped around my back. I looked up and saw that he was looking everywhere in the room.

I turned my face to follow his gaze and analyzed her room as well. There were books everywhere, a small window opened and a bed in the middle. Nothing much to be noticed. Seojun told Mr. Park. "This isn't suicide, Mr. Park. This is a murder. A brutal homicide."  I looked at him and he locked his gaze with me. He pursed his lips into a thin line and shrugged at me.

"What are you saying, Seojun? The door was locked from the inside and the knife in her hands proves that this is a suicide." Mr. Park asked in confusion. "Whatever it may be. But still, this is a murder." Seojun said and unwrapped his hold on me. "I've called the cops and they'll be coming any minute now." A man who lived on the fourth floor said.

Mr. Park palmed his forehead and stumbled to rest his figure on a wall. "Why does this incident have to occur in my hostel?" He said before shaking his head.

After a while, the cops arrived at the crime scene and took a statement from every one of us. All of us gave a statement as well as cooperating with the law but I don't think it was of any help to the cops in the investigation. And what Mr. Park said instead of helping to solve this case messed it up even more.

"Miss. Akai has been staying here in the hostel for about 3 years now. She works at a library. Her wage isn't enough to rent a house here so she decided to stay in this hostel. She had great communication with everyone in this hostel.

She never had any bad habits like drinking its drug addiction. The others can testify as well. She was suffering from diabetes for the last year. She used to get her medicines from my chamber.

But these past few days I had noticed something odd about her behavior. She seemed quite distressed and she had been having less sleep these days. She used to come to me to grab some medicines.

Yesterday was no different, in the morning she uncomfortably walked into my chamber and tried to say something but then said that she'll say it later and went to her work.

Later in the evening, Seojun, Y/n, and I noticed her eavesdropping on our conversation. Later in the night when I was about to close my chamber she hurriedly came in and started saying things that completely made no sense.

She said that sometimes she dreamt of something unusual, sometimes she heard certain voices somewhere, and sometimes she saw something dangerous. She didn't look mentally stable to me so I gave her some sleeping pills and asked her to take one before sleep.

I knew that she was going through chronic depression and stress considering the way she behaved. But I never thought that she will commit suicide because of that."

"So you think that this is a suicide?" The cop asked Mr. Park. He nodded his head before speaking.

"I think so but Seojun thinks that this is a murder."

"So you are the one who thinks this is a murder case. And why?" The cop turns to look at Seojun.

Seojun nods his head before speaking. "This isn't a suicide. You have seen the body. Someone cannot slit their throat so precisely as the way Miss. Akai did."

"Do you suspect someone?" The cop asked and Seojun shook his head. "Why do you think that she was killed then?" The cop asked Seojun.

He silently pointed at the window. "That is the reason." The cop fused his brows and looked at Seojun in disbelief.

"That open window is the reason for the murder? Are you trying to say that the murderer entered the room through the window?" He asked Seojun.

Seojun shook his head. "No, the murderer entered the room through the door itself."