8: Arrested

It was morning here, right now. Seojun and I were sitting in Mr. Park's chamber. Someone had delivered a few medicines to Mr. Park earlier.

It was a medium-sized white packing case. Mr. Park was carefully organizing the medicines on the shelf. There was an American map embedded in the packaging case. I knew for a fact that he used to import American and German medicines.

Seojun suddenly questioned Mr. Park. "Mr. Park, why do you import medicines from abroad? Don't you trust Korean medicine?" He stood up and went to Mr. Park's desk.

He took a bottle in his hand and started reading it. "Enrique and Havel. Are they the ones who make the best medicines in the world?" He asked again. Mr. Park nodded his head in agreement.

He looked at me before asking. "Is there any news about our hostel?" I nodded my head and took out my phone when Seojun took a seat beside me.

I started reading. "The mystery of Akai Samuran's death still hasn't been solved. The Crime investigation department of the Korean National Police Force had been appointed to investigate the crime. We can expect the mystery to unfold soon."

Mr. Park scoffed and mocked. "As if. We will keep on expecting and nothing will unfold." I turned my head at the entrance and saw cops coming to us hurriedly.

The head cop stood in front of Seojun and showed a paper to him. "Mr. Han Seojun, we have an arrest warrant against your name. Don't try to escape because we have better ways to catch you. Officer Haru cuffed him."

The Officer cuffed Seojun's hands with the handcuffs very professionally. While Seojun was frowning in confusion.

"Do you both acknowledge him as Han Seojun?" He asked, gazing at Mr. Park and I. Clueless about everything, both of us nodded our heads.

Seojun weakly smiled at the cop. "In the end, you had to arrest me?" He turned to look at me and I know he can see the concern in my eyes as well. "Don't worry about me, Y/n. I'm innocent." With that, the cops took him out of the chamber.

"So Seojun was the one? That's so frightening! I can't believe it. We cannot even trust people these days." Mr. Park said in disbelief. I was not buying this at all. I looked at him silently.

So Seojun was the killer?

No. This can't be. I do not believe this. Living with him these past few days I grew a bond with him already.

He was so caring and respectful towards me and everyone around that he had won my heart. That same Seojun was the murderer?

Suddenly Mr. Park spoke and broke my trance. "That's why we shouldn't help strangers. Nobody knows who can turn up to be a killer."

I didn't like his words. I silently went back to my room and locked myself up. I lost my appetite. I decided to skip lunch. I was not feeling good.

I plopped myself on the bed and turned on my side. I could still see Seojun's clothes scattered on the edge of the bed.

Unknowingly, tears were brimming my eyes. I cried softly burying my face in my hands. I didn't realize how Seojun took such a deep place in my heart.

I started recalling the day before the death of Miss. Akai. Seojun was listening to her conversation with Mr. Park while lying on the floor. Why would he lie on the ground? Also, the fact that he stressed the idea that it was a murder, not a suicide.

Will a killer point that out so obviously so that he gets caught himself? Or maybe he said it so that the cops don't suspect him in any way. Nothing is connecting. Before being taken away the way Seojun said that he was innocent. Was he lying?

With these thoughts running in my mind I drifted off to sleep.