19: Murder

The man fell to the ground and laid there limply. I noticed that Sunbin dashed into the passageway and entered the home.

I was staring at the dead body in a daze. I tried to get over this incident and quickly walked over to use the telephone at my house to call for the police. The station was nearby so they arrived in a few minutes.

After analyzing everything and listening to my statement the cop sealed Sunbin's home. She wasn't found in the house.

Only Sora was there, probably sleeping, so she wasn't aware of what happened outside. Sunbin entered the house that was for sure but silently left the house after changing her clothes.

The next morning the police identify the corpse to be Officer Kim Chul-nom. He was a police officer in Gwangju and came here to Itaewon for vacation. Sunbin's house was surrounded by police and Sora was under home custody.

The officers were continuously questioning Sora. I felt guilty for accusing her. I thought that it was her boyfriend coming to her house at midnight but now I can point out that it was Sunbin returning home after work.

But then I'm also losing my mind because the police are continuously questioning me as well. Every hour a new officer is visiting me and asks me different questions about the case.

I'm a disabled and weak man but the police are suspecting me. My crime is that Sunbin is my tenant and I have witnessed the crime with my own eyes.

My condition is getting worse. The police might arrest me and take me to prison based on just suspicion. I'm sure that if I spend only an hour in the prison then I'll lose my life. I'm already sick and I cannot live in bars for long.

I'm pleading with you, Taehyung. Please, help me out of this situation. I don't have less money. If you can save me from the hands of the police then I'll surely reward you well.

Help me out of this situation as quickly as possible. If you can do that then I will be forever grateful to you.

With warm regards,
Uncle Lee. ❞

I finished reading it out to Taehyung and turned my head to look at him. He took the laptop from my side and started reading the e-mail by himself. I was tired from reading so I got up from the chair and walked over to the kitchen.

I made some tea for myself and went back to my bedroom to have a rest. The e-mail was too long. The man seemed close to Taehyung considering the way he addressed him in the mail.

After about half an hour, I went back down and saw Taehyung with his head thrown back on the chair with the email still open and chuckling to himself. I silently walked to him and sat beside him.

"What is so funny?"