18: That night

I have insomnia so staying awake the entire night was quite often for me. That night I went to sleep on my bed but I couldn't sleep at all.

It was past midnight and I felt thirsty so I got up from my bed and struggled to walk to the kitchen. I wanted to have some warm milk that might help me sleep through the night as well.

Sungjae was probably sleeping in his room so I didn't bother to wake him up and disturb his sleep so I decided to warm up the milk myself.

I warmed it and went near the window. I looked out of it and since it was past midnight there wasn't anyone on the road.

The two houses in front of me were dark but the street lamp in front of them was the only source of light in the dark surrounding.

I saw someone walking from the end of the street. That person was covered with a black plastic wrapper kind of thing from head to toe.

He halted in front of the two rented houses. He looked around for a while and then swiftly walked through the passage.

He dashed to the huge sliding window of Sora's homeland I lost sight of him. But then suddenly the lights in Sora's home were switched on for a while and then quickly it was turned off.

While drinking the milk I was engrossed in deep thinking about what I saw a while ago.

The person seemed very careful about his actions. Sunbin doesn't stay in the house at night and Sora is there alone.

Why would someone intrude on a home alarmingly and know exactly where to enter the home without making a noise? The person didn't seem like a thief judging from the way he knew how to enter the home.

Sora is all alone, it is past midnight and someone comes to her home this late. That means..... it was probably her lover.

I thought of observing how long the person leaves the home so I sat beside the window.

But after a while, I felt dizzy and then decided to go to sleep because if I had skipped sleep that time then probably I'll have to stay awake the whole night.

After these two weeks have passed away, last Sunday Sunbin came and paid the monthly rent for me. Nothing special occurred during that time.

I didn't tell Sunbin about the incident that I saw that night. I couldn't care less about them and I am not someone who likes to gossip about things all the time.

Then the night before yesterday, I couldn't sleep as well. I shifted into my bed the whole night but then decided to have some milk so I went to the kitchen.

I made it and went back to the window to look outside the window. And then I saw that person wrapped in a black plastic wrapper staring directly in my direction.

It was as if he was waiting for me to look at him. I saw him swiftly walk to the passage and hide while crouching down in it.

Then I noticed someone else walking down the same street. He had a muffler wrapped around his neck.

He stood on the street in front of Sora's home and started looking everywhere as if searching for something or someone.

I chalked out that he was probably following the person with the plastic wrapper. But now he cannot catch a glimpse of him. I saw the person who was covering himself with the wrapper pulling it off of his body.

Then my eyes widen at the sight in front of me. I recognized the person finally and identified her. Sunbin. Then in a few moments, a huge incident took place. I saw a knife in Sunbin's hand and she jumped in front of the man's figure and . . .

stabbed him.