22: Police officer

Jungkook's eyes widened seeing me. His serious expressions morphed into a happy face.

"Long time no see, Officer Jeon," Taehyung replied, extending his hand out for a handshake. The officer looked back at him and shook hands with Taehyung.

I walked toward him and smiled at him while he did the same. "Hello, boo. It has been so long since I last met you." He said while looking at me with a soft bunny smile, ignoring Taehyung's existence.

"It's been five years, Kookie. Seems like you've made it into the police force!" I cheered.

He laughed at me and nodded his head. "I did so. But what are you doing with Kim?" He said, glaring at Taehyung.

"I'm his assistant and a writer," I said with a smile on my face. Taehyung wrapped his arm protectively around my waist and pulled me closer. I flinched and looked at him in confusion.

"And my girlfriend." He let out darkly looking at Jungkook. I frowned at him and turned to look back at Jungkook. He smirked at him and raised his eyebrows at me.

"I see. But what are you doing here, Kim? I don't remember the higher-ups informing me that you are helping out in this case." He mocked Taehyung and I moved away from his grip.

Jungkook was a very serious person, someone who would suspect anyone around him. He had sharp facial features as well but they softened every time he met my gaze.

We were neighbors and practically grew up together. We were inseparable during childhood but then since he was older than me and wanted to become a police officer. He had to move to Seoul while I was still in high school. After that, I lost contact with him, once he joined the police academy.

Coming back to the present scenario, they were burning holes into each other and I could feel the tension between them. It didn't last long since Mr. Lee called out for Jungkook.

"You're here again?" He asked Jungkook in annoyance. "I have to do my job so I guess, yes." He looked at Mr. Lee with a serious look on his face.

"The prime suspect, Kang Sunbin. Have you caught her?" Taehyung smirked at Jungkook. He turned back to look at us and rolled his eyes to peek at Mr. Lee.

"Till now she hasn't but let's see for how long she can hide," Jungkook replied, staring at Mr. Lee.

He turned to look at Taehyung with a cocky look and questioned. "But why are you here, Kim?" Taehyung looked at him blankly and gestured his hand to Mr. Lee.

"He is my relative. The murder happened in front of his house, right under his nose and one of his tenants was the murderer. You are suspecting him. That is why he asked for my help."

He fused his brows at Taehyung and walked over to us. He moved close to his ears and whispered. "I need to speak to you. Let's talk on the balcony." He said and strode out of the door towards the balcony.

Taehyung followed him and so did I. Three of us stood at the corner of the balcony until Jungkook spoke.

"Listen, Kim. I am very well aware of the fact that you're an agent. And you know very well that I'm the Police Chief of Itaewon.

You can reach the Police Commissioner and ask for their permission to meddle with this case. But I would suggest you stay away from it and not save Mr. Lee. I'm very much suspicious of him and his caregiver."

"Do you even know who murdered the officer?" Taehyung asked him sternly. "Of course, it is Kang Sunbin but this old man and that little fella are involved in this as well." Jungkook reasoned out.

"If the old man was involved in this murder then would he call for the police himself?" Taehyung snorted at him.

"That is where his wits come into play. He wanted to leave Sunbin into the hands of the police and get away from the police himself." Jungkook proved a point.

Taehyung chuckled and shook his head. He looked up at Jungkook and gave him a stern look before speaking.

"Looks like you practically investigated nothing about this case, Jeon."