21: Relative

We were standing here in front of Mr. Lee's house. It could be figured out that the house opposite to this was the one rented by Sunbin, considering the amount of police guarding the house.

Taehyung held my hand and walked toward Mr. Lee's house. "Don't worry, baby girl. I'm here with you." He assured me with a small smile on his face. I smiled back at him and we stood in front of the door.

Before Taehyung could press on the doorbell, the door opened and a young guy, probably Sungjae, stood there looking at us. He moved to the side giving us a way to enter and we entered without any further questions.

We saw an old man sitting on a chair, looking at us with a grateful look on his face. I assumed this man to be Uncle Lee considering his age and the way he was sitting on the chair next to the window, simply resting on his left side.

He smiled at me and turned to look at Taehyung. "Taehyung, it's so good to see you. I noticed you coming towards my house and I am so thankful that you made an effort to help me out." He said and Taehyung left my hand to walk to him.

He bowed to him and the old man patted his back. Sungjae brought us two chairs and placed them beside his. Both of us sat on the chair

Mr. Lee spoke. "What do you kids want to eat or drink? Tea? Coffee? Chocolate milk? Snacks?"

I was engrossed in the huge binoculars placed on the hand rest of the chair. "Nothing for now. Did the police come to question you today?" Taehyung asked and I turned to look at him.

Mr. Lee scoffed and said in irritation. "They did. They keep on asking the same questions. Once they stop by my house to testify and then they go to that house to question Sora. How did I get paralyzed, if I can walk out of the house, why did I keep binoculars with me?

Now you tell me, Taehyung. How am I supposed to answer these questions? My life is so troubled these days. You can only save me." He said in a pleading tone.

"No need to be worried about it, Uncle. I'll take care of it. But for now, I need to talk to the police in charge. Have you seen-" Taehyung's words were interrupted as the doorbell rang and Sungjae ran to attend to the visitor?

As if on call, someone entered the room. We turned our attention to see a police officer coming toward us.

His eyes widened after looking at Taehyung and so did mine while peeking at him, but he didn't look at me because Taehyung was covering me.

"Kim?" The officer asked while looking at Taehyung's side. He got up from his chair and walked toward the police officer with a straight face. As if on cue, I yelled,

"Jeon Jungkook?"