14: Home

My mouth was agape. I scooted closer to him and slapped him. He held his face and groaned in pain. He fused his brows and gave me a questioning look.

"This seemed like a movie so I just clarified if it is real life or not." He huffed and I got up from the seat.

"Okay, I'll be heading home now," I said to him. He perked his ears and instantly stood up on his heels.

"Hostel? You mean?" He inquired and I nodded. "Well, the hostel will shut down eventually. So if you don't mind will you move in here? There are plenty of rooms here. And I can't let you go since you know me." He spoke hesitantly.

I scoffed and told him. "Are you returning the favor?" He came to me and cupped my head with his huge left palm before saying. "I'm not returning the favor. It feels like if I don't stay with you my heart won't be at peace anymore. In these few weeks itself, I've developed a bad habit of seeing you around."

He smiled at me and I returned the smile. "Are you telling the truth?" I asked him. "I'm telling the truth, Babygirl." He admitted.

I thought for a while before saying. "Okay, then you stay here. I'll be back with my luggage. And don't call me that!" I said and turned back to get to the door.

I heard him yell. "Don't forget to bring mine as well, Babygirl!"

--------------------

"What is the daily news?" Taehyung said, placing the toasts and jam on the table. I was typing my article on my laptop on the kitchen island. I looked up at him and unlocked my phone to scroll through the daily columns of media.

"Umm... nothing new," I responded to him shaking my head. He passed me a plate with toast and I thanked him. He flashed a boxy grin at me and sat beside me. He started eating while I did the same.

"I tried looking into the murder that happened two days ago at Itaewon. But the news says that the criminal investigation department has still not found the culprit." I said while munching on my food. Taehyung was surfing through his phone and nodded his head.

"What about the female burglary case that began a month ago? Did they find her?" He asked. "The one in which a lady scams people in broad daylight to open the door for a signature but then points her gun or knife to rob them? No." I replied.

"Women are so advanced in these things nowadays." He casually said and I raised my eyebrows at him. "What? How can you say that? Most of the wars in history, or should I say all of them, were caused by men." I protested.

He sighed. "Y/n, I didn't mean it that way. And also that period was different. Nowadays girls have so much freedom. They can outstand men in every field. Even crime." He explained.

"Then tell me something. When was the last time you remember a woman doing a crime?" I asked him. "A woman murdered a police officer in Gwangju and eloped the prison two months ago." He shrugged.

"That was two months ago. There are murders by men every week." I argued. He chuckled and shook his head. "Okay, you won. I won't argue anymore. Can you check my email? Your laptop is opened and I am too lazy to bring mine." He said.

"Am I your assistant now? Am I an agent too?"